• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Znod

  1. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    I have pretty much lost interest in finding merit for the ASUS auto OC procedure. Several weeks ago I started on stability testing on my newly built system, but I got distracted with rebuilding after several mobo RMAs, other work/play, and fiddling with the auto OC procedure. I didn't try...
  2. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    You two are so confused and childish. I doubt you'll ever get a grip on what "out of context" and "lack of objectivity" mean or grow up.
  3. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    For all interested, I'll be out of town for about 2 weeks. I'll get back on machine issues soon after returning, including OCing not using the auto OCer.
  4. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    I agree with your point. I posted the 5K value prematurely--since I had not adequately satisfied my goal of justifying the "successful" auto OC level.
  5. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Very good. Do you know of some threads that deal with the attempts you mention? And, please see my above reply. I'd certainly be interested in any perhaps new thoughts on the issue you may have or an indication of the approaches people have taken to justify the ASUS auto OC procedure.
  6. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Are you talking about the auto OC? I can see why someone could think that my approach was wrong because there are easier ways to get a justifiable 5 GHz and because if flies in the face of the conventional wisdom. Admittedly, I am not aware of how much effort anyone here has put into trying to...
  7. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    I didn't ask if there is merit. I was hoping for some suggestions that would be useful in trying to find some merit. No one apparently had any ideas. Most couldn't get out of their boxes to even think in a different way about ideas they didn't like. But, what did I get instead of sensible...
  8. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Gosh!!! Did he say that? OMG! I must have missed those immortal words.
  9. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    I am not making an excuse for not doing anything. If truly interested, then please read the thread a bit more thoroughly. It explains what I am doing and why.
  10. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Ho-hum. Pretty soon one of you will threaten to tell your mother on me.
  11. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    You guys just don't get what I am doing. I don't really care if you get it or not. But, why make off topic remarks? Your remarks are unproductive in the context of this thread.
  12. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Please recognize that I am, in effect, trying to determine if a procedure provided by ASUS has any merit. It we can't find any, then that's what ought to be flagged as hazardous. About the only way one can make sense of the ASUS procedure is to find a way to get by without the very rigorous...
  13. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Hi All: I have been so busy that I may have neglected some of your comments. I'll try to make up for that some now. Tiporaro: Tiporaro says: "1) you mention to watch for excessive voltage or temperature(!) during the brief WEI, but don't actually state what you think is excessive...
  14. Z

    Fast Track to a 24-7 5 GHz OC: Intel 2600K and ASUS P8P67 Mobos

    Thanks for your thoughts/suggestions. I have read much of what you are talking about. I can see how people can't get over me being interested in trying to find merit in an ASUS process that we have been charged for. Please understand that my goal here has become, at this point, finding some...
Back
Top