Sorry but the Gefen cables are 5 years old and discontinued so I don't have the specs. I just looked at their site again and they are saying "booster required over 15 feet". I'm sure that was not there when I first bought the 60 foot and longer cables.
The 25 foot Startech are current models...
25 to 30 feet is usually workable with high quality cables and no extender. It depends on your card and monitor. We have over a dozen 30 LCDs extended between 20 and 100 feet. I have a first generation Dell 30" that runs reliably on a 75 foot Gefen heavy blue cable (no longer available) with no...
I use the PNY Nvidia NVS 510 (Four 30 Inch panels) along with my Nvidia GTX 660 (three panels) and this works great. The PNY NVS510 comes with DVI adapters standard (and display port). There seems to be VGA adapters also but I don't have them.
Go with the Dell monitor. My firm owns almost all of the common brands of 30 inch panels. I run a four 30 inch monitor setup and I keep coming back to four Dells for text. The 3008 is a bright monitor and you will probably need to adjust the brightness down to minimum via your graphics card to...
The Velocity i7 machine is "reasonably quiet" compared to the other machines we own. The video card(s) and gaming loads will determine the over all noise profile. We have the Z55 model machines built on the GX2 case which as grooverider said is rather light duty.
Overall, I think these are...
I just received five Velocity i7 machines 6Gig. Blu-ray etc. including some with Intel RAID0 SSDs in RAID0. If you have more time than money you can build these machines yourself. I run a small systems integration business and after a VERY busy year I didn't want to spend my end of the year...
If you are SURE the cable is a single link DVI, get a DUAL link DVI to test the monitor. We own six of the Dell 30" panels and each one came with a clearly labeled Dual Link DVI cable
I have a couple of Gateway 30" as well as Dell and HP 30 inchers. Out of the box the Gateway is too bright for normal office lighting (the Dell 3008 is even worse). You can turn down the brightness on the monitor or increase the brightness of your work area lighting with an incandescent lamp. I...
thanks I just picked up a second one of these really fine panels for our office. We own Dell and HP 30 inch panels also but I like the Gateway better than the Dell 3008 for when I need multiple inputs and a scaler.
specifically for Camcorder to support video:
http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-527950.html
There are some others out there with a simple Google search.
Z
Fire wire ported Express cards are fairly common for about $50. There are also some fire-wire to USB external converters available which I don't have any first hand experience with.
Just Google it.
My firm owns most 30" panels (including the Apple and both the 3007 and 3008 Dell) in multi-monitor set-ups. I personally come back to the no-scaler Dell 3007. Straight out of the box for movies the Apple color balance does look more impressive. You can fiddle the color balance on your panels...
I think I misunderstand your comment. Current server class (MTRON) SSDs run about 130 MB per second with their own SATA interface so that doesn't stress the bandwidth. I can stuff multiple drives in an ARECA PCI Express card or other high power server card in my workstation if I want to get...
I run MTRON SSDs in RAID 0 and I would recommend that you not buy a SSD during 2008.
-OCZ and other MLC technology SSD have had quality and reliability problems, -There seems to be problems between Vista and SSDs (I use XP)
-There are some MOBOs that limit the performance of SSDs
-Intel...