• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Ziel

  1. Z

    SSD plus Windows 7

    That's kinda what I figured. Thought the lack of AHCI might be the cause. But since it's not even an option in the BIOS, can my computer just not use it? I've found all the stuff about setting these things in the registry. I just wanted to know if there was a way to make windows realize it was...
  2. Z

    SSD plus Windows 7

    I just replaced my failing HDD with an SSD, and got it all up and running last night. I'm very pleased with it, but have a couple concerns. Oh, I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, installed on a Corsair Nova series 64GB SSD. The rest of the computer is 4 years old: AMD Athlon x2 64 3800+ with...
  3. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    The computer has randomly decided to let met actually set that stuff now. But I look through for what to put in for the DNS to use, and there's nothing in the ipconfig to copy onto it. And if you set the IP manually, the DNS is forced to be set manually as well. I tried putting in the values I...
  4. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    Heh. Oh well. I did try the restart just now, and it still gives me that message. At least it's fixing the problem in the first couple attempts still. And this machine is due to be replaced, just have to wait until this summer when I'll be out of college and hopefully have a job. Thanks for all...
  5. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    Went to try to do that, and got an error message when I tried to configure the IPv6. Put a screenshot of it in that same album I linked before. So you don't have to scroll back up: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/576575239ujzJvn Might have to restart after re-enabling IPv6, before I can...
  6. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    What would I need to set those to? Just make sure they are the same? Or set them to whatever they are when it is working?
  7. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    I have no clue. I would just assume they have something to do with the school's network? The school does make us use Cisco Clean Access Agent in order to connect to the network (hate it with an undying passion). Not sure that would make a difference, but now you know just in case.
  8. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    Apparently I can't post attachments here, so here's an album with my three screenshots: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/576575239ujzJvn First one is ipconfig screen after successfully connecting to the internet. Second one is ipconfig right after starting while it sees two networks...
  9. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    At least I tried something. I really appreciate the help. Next time a restart is required, I'll try to remember to get a screenshot of that. Just not going to go through the headache until I have to (next windows update/other driver updates).
  10. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    Both are listed with the same adapter. I only have one on this computer (as previously stated). And to get the screenshot would take going through the whole ordeal again...
  11. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    Took longer than I wanted, but I finally did the restart after disabling IPv6. It's a no-go. Still found two networks. Still took me half an hour and two restarts to get connected to the internet. I actually ended up changing it to a Work network, still with IPv6 off. After I did that, it...
  12. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    It's connected as a home network. I just disabled the IPv6 protocol. Won't know if it did anything until I restart the computer, which I'll do tomorrow. Too late to bother with it right now. I'll let you know what happens with it.
  13. Z

    No Internet Acces: Connected to Two Networks?

    If my machine specs may help with this, I'm on an old HP Pavilion a1520n, upgraded to 2gb ram, and running win7 business 64-bit. Anyhow, every time I restart the computer, it cannot connect to the internet right away. This is because for whatever reason, it seems to think it's connected to...
  14. Z

    Digital Speakers, Analog-Only Output

    Haha, wow. That hadn't really crossed my mind to even try. But it works now! Of course, they have to be on the first and last pin on the mobo, so I can't even use the little plastic piece. But they seem to be attached firmly enough as it is, so it's all good. Thanks again to everybody for the help!
  15. Z

    Digital Speakers, Analog-Only Output

    This is one thing that confused me a bit. The connector on the board is actually four pins wide, but only has three pins on it. The third pin from the left does not exist. The gnd and +V wires on the cable are separated by one pin. So the only place I can put it to have both wires going to a pin...
Back
Top