Recent content by ZCP M3

  1. Z

    NAS on two networks.

    I've got my ds1511+ set up on two different subnets. Works just fine.
  2. Z

    Agility3 and Vertex3 = What's the difference?

    sync vs async and it's ability to interleave the data more efficiently.
  3. Z

    Is there a Synology crew here?

    Just updated my DS1511+ to the latest DSM, 3.2 1944. I built my SHR during the 3.2 beta and couldnt get it to verify so I downloaded the data, wiped everything clean, and started fresh. 5x3TB drives building a SHR with dual-drive parity. Started at 10am, up to 80% parity check. Fingers crossed I...
  4. Z

    Free up space for SSD -Disable Hibernation & Pagefile?

    I disabled both with no issues a long time ago.
  5. Z

    Is there a Synology crew here?

    Just wondering if there are fellow Synology owners here! I've been using a DS1511+ for a while now as my personal backup and iSCSI/NFS storage for my vSphere test environment and absolutely love it.
  6. Z

    Intel's Ivy Bridge vs. Sandy Bridge Benchmarks Leaked

    Repost but I don't get tired of seeing these benches! :)
  7. Z

    i7-2600 vs i7-3960/30 for virtual machines

    It depends on what his whole environment looks like. You typically run out of RAM before anything else so if he's building a single machine, go with the SB-E. If he's building a cluster of ESXi hosts and will have vCenter available to him, I'd build multiple SB machines.
  8. Z

    18 new Ivy Bridge models for 2012

    Hot damn!
  9. Z

    So i bougth some QLE246x FC cards. Looking for ideas how to utilize them.

    AFAIK support for that generation of HBAs was dropped after ESX 3.0.1.
  10. Z

    P8P67 Pro caught fire

    ASUS has now begun placing foam insulator pads on the back of the motherboards near the RAM slot area. My buddy had a P8P67 that failed (no fire) and his Rev 3.0 RMA came back with one attached. Looked at a brand new Rev 3.1 board at Microcenter this weekend and it was without it. Guess its luck...
  11. Z

    Intel Pro/1000 MT Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet NIC for $14.99

    So you need a 64-bit PCI slot for these or no?
  12. Z

    Post your "rate my cables" here

    It looks like an improved version of CoolerMaster's CM690 II Advanced. I like! Will keep an eye out for this one.
Back
Top