Recent content by zaphod.b

  1. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Really? What would that be good for? Anyway, deep black will do just fine for me. That part I was pretty sure of. If Simon didn't miss anything here, that is.
  2. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Thx - I thought so from the PRAD review Could you elaborate on that, please?
  3. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Seems there is no interpolation feature to speak of in this monitor. I guess if I wanted to display e.g. 1280x1024 without any scaling to retain sharpness I'd need to go with e.g. the Eizo EV2333 rather than this one?
  4. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nec_ex231wp.htm
  5. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Ah :cool: Must've been the red that I missed it :D
  6. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Where do you find this?
  7. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    None that I know of. One user experience on Amazon.de (german; guy active on prad.de as well).
  8. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Until now I attributed backlight assembly to the monitor manufacturers. Thank you for the enlightenment. Excuse me I insist: I still do not see the necessity a mere backlight change would require the imaging parts of a panel change too. Wouldn't panel manufacturers want to reuse as many parts...
  9. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Erm - aren't panel and backlight separate entities? Do you intend to say that a panel's lifecyle ends when the [type of] backlight changes? Still I suppose panel substrate and electronics could be left pretty much unaltered even when assembled with a different backlight (->revision), which...
  10. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Thx for your quick response Whoareyoureally. I noticed your post before, thought it a bit unspecific then (sry). Do you intend to say that the Eizo is superior to the Dell in all 3 aspects uniformity, linearity, and gradation? Linearity with respect to what? As you own two of them, could...
  11. Z

    NEC EX231Wp thread

    Hi all from a forum newbie. A bit dusty, this thread, yet seems adequate. I was on the brink of buying an Eizo EV2333 when I stumbled over the EX231Wp which appears to have the same panel(?). The latter is appealing mainly for its lower price, thinner case and external PSU. Sadly there is not...
Back
Top