• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by zamadatix

  1. Z

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    2023 you say? 😉
  2. Z

    Asus PG32UCDM3

    Decent technical review https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus-rog-swift-pg32ucdm3
  3. Z

    LG 52G930B 5120x2160 hdr600 va monitor up for pre order now at $1999 $1799 with government discount

    Depends on the monitor. Some dual modes screw it up but others do it well. I always recommend going for the latter :D. Again though, dual mode should not be conflated with GPU scaling just because each involves a smaller resolution. Dual mode is having the option of higher refresh rate at lower...
  4. Z

    LG 52G930B 5120x2160 hdr600 va monitor up for pre order now at $1999 $1799 with government discount

    If you just want fewer rendered pixels you can get a much better image with better GPU scaling like FSR/DLSS. Dual mode is really about offering an increased maximum refresh rate at the smaller resolution. I.e. one mode is higher resolution and the other mode is higher refresh rate. It's to get...
  5. Z

    LG 52G930B 5120x2160 hdr600 va monitor up for pre order now at $1999 $1799 with government discount

    You buy it and let us know if the board and panel actually work at that refresh rate or not :D. It's not always just a matter of total bandwidth. Dual mode monitors also usually use integer scaling but many normal monitors will default to blurry scaling.
  6. Z

    PG32UQX HDR Performance and potential firmware upgrade.

    MistaSparkul been looking at getting one of those to replace an older Predator monitor. Does it have a fan or is it passively cooled? I couldn't find a note in the docs and even with the fan RPM manually lowered the old one has always been a bit noisy for my tastes and would be worth replacing...
  7. Z

    PG32UQX HDR Performance and potential firmware upgrade.

    April 2021 according to the sticker on the back, got the monitor immediately at launch so I don't know if it'd be possible to get one older.
  8. Z

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    Can anyone explain why 4k@30 and 1080p@120 are the same data rate yet 1080p@120 has virtually no latency? I notice the color and tint settings are disabled in 1080p@120, is there any way to hack out extra processing in the 4k mode?
  9. Z

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    I'm running it on a 6950 (bios of 6970). You can even do it on a 5xxx card. Just run http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
  10. Z

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    I'm not noticing any improvements over using the 50" firmware, 120hz does work though.
  11. Z

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    Hey guys, I did some testing and 31hz seems to just drop a frame every second.
  12. Z

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    As a summary of what I have learned by experience after owning the 39 inch model: The display itself: Do the firmware first, it wipes your settings after you upgrade. You have 2 options for the best experience, use the 50" firmware from Seiki's site to get 1920x1080@120 and...
Back
Top