• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by YouOnlyLiveTwice28

  1. Y

    LG 48CX

    This literally fixed the text in windows file explorer by setting it to RGB as that was the only issue I was having with text. My LG C1 is now perfect. :D Thanks!
  2. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    The pics takens were from Firefox darkmode on a new tab (without anything on it). I wouldn't worry about it unless you can actually see it when viewing regular things as I did. This forum with dark reader add on showed it as well. A completely black screen would just show the black uniformity.
  3. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    That makes sense. Surprised no one else talked much about it unless the unit I had just had terrible uniformity.
  4. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    I returned the FV43U as it seemed it was defective due to the grey banding it had and will be sticking with the LG C1 48" OLED as I said earlier, it's just better. Not including the grey banding, the FV43U was excellent, gaming on 4K 144Hz with great colours and HDR1000 that gets wildly bright...
  5. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    The gigabyte is fine, just the c1 is the one that's affected in windows explorer on SDR for some reason.
  6. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    HDR1000 is locked down on this monitor, so it's stuck being warm.
  7. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    I have the RTX 3080 and the text clarity only suffers a bit in windows file explorer (worse on 100%, better on 125%, best on 150% scaling) for some reason where as for everything else, it's essentially the same. 125% scaling for everything but windows file explorer looks great, but due to...
  8. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    I currently can't do side by side comparisons as I don't have a long enough display port for the gigabyte or long enough HDMI cable (using gigabyte's HDMI cable for LG as LG doesn't include the cable for some reason). I played Black Ops Cold War and didn't notice a difference in motion clarity...
  9. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    I just got the C1 48" OLED and immediately, the motion and viewing angles are REALLY different and by that, I mean much better. For gaming, the motion isn't different imo, but when scrolling or moving things around on the desktop, the OLED is just better. HDR is debatable as darker movies are...
  10. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    You connect it to the computer using the provided USB type B cable that's normally used with printers. You would also have to install the OSD sidekick to install the update via USB cable. Just download the firmware file and select it in OSD sidekick which you can then update. NVM, didn't read...
  11. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    I have been using this display for productivity (documents, coding and reading) as well and text looks clear at 150% scaling with the only problem being scrolling with light text on a darker background which causes smudging. 100% scaling looks a bit blurry, but 125-150% scaling should fix that...
  12. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    Well the C1 was cheaper and many reviewers suggested to get the cheapest one out of the two. The only difference I see between the CX and C1 is apparently lower brightness (not by much as well) and lower input lag on C1.
  13. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    Seeing how some users already had OLED and got the FV43U to see if it's a worthy replacement (general census is it's not), I did the opposite where I currently have the FV43U and had recently bought the LG C1 48" (was on sale for $1900 CAD, cheaper than CX, coming this Saturday). This is just to...
  14. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    How's text clarity compared to CX? Is it the same or better as I found the text to be a little smudgy when scrolling.
  15. Y

    GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

    I just noticed that the colour shift on text (white text on grey background) when scrolling is only apparent on 144Hz whereas it's basically non-existent on 120Hz. Not sure if that's a bug or due to display stream compression (DSC) as I'm using display port. Anyone else with this monitor notice...
Back
Top