Recent content by xPat_Racing

  1. X

    Which DSLR?

    Yes it's true the D50 dose not support SDHC so you limited to 2GB until or if Nikon releases a firmware update. But at only 6MP even shooting RAW 2GB isn't really a problem. Myself I would rather have a few smaller cards and risk losing less data if a card was to corrupt. Just my 2 cents
  2. X

    New camera for the wife....

    Nikon D50 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX The D50 is a few years old now and has been replaced by the D40 but the D40 was stripped of some features that will greatly hinder future upgrades. The D40 can only auto focus AF-S lens that pretty much stops you from using some great Nikkor glass...
  3. X

    New camera for the wife....

    Unless you give a budget your working with it's pretty hard to recomend a specific camera. Almost any DSLR will produce better pictures than a P&S. Don't get sucked into the mega pixel marketing ploy. A Canon XT or Nikon D50 at 6mp will produce better pictures with more detail than any P&S...
  4. X

    New camera for the wife....

    The things about DLR’s is your not really buying a camera your buying into a lens mount. You can't really go wrong with either Canon or Nikon but Sony and Pentax make good slr's as well. But you’re more limited in lens choices. If your wife really gets into photography your end up spending...
  5. X

    Need 1 last component for new build

    I have the case Endrithius recommended. I don't think the 810 and 830 support dual power supplies. But possibly better cooling
  6. X

    Need 1 last component for new build

    I have to agree with Endrithius about the CPU, but I do understand your point. As for the case I just got my Cool Master CM Stacker and it's an excellent case. Quite, good cooling, loads of space and pretty easy to manage cable routing even with dual power supplies. If I didn't want dual...
  7. X

    Car Photography

    Only picture I have of my cage It’s not a car but I’ll follow the Alias2 example and post up my bike as well
  8. X

    A Picture I Took - 2007

    No it's not HDR, just a little PP work in CS3.
  9. X

    Digi Cam Poll: What Digital Camera do you use?

    Nikon D200 w MB-D200 grip Nikkor 50mm f1.8 Nikkor 85mm f1.4D Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-f4.5 Sigma 100-300mm f4 Sigma 1.4x TC 2x Nikon SB-600
  10. X

    Brno Race Weekend (Pics & Video)

    It seems #1 is everybody’s favorite. I would have to agree but I’ve changed pictures 2 and 3 to spice it up a little. Enjoy
  11. X

    Brno Race Weekend (Pics & Video)

    Yes that would be Brno, Czech Republic
  12. X

    Brno Race Weekend (Pics & Video)

    All pictures are taken with my D50 and 55-200mm kit lens. My Sigma 100-300 f/4 didn't show up until 2 days after we left :( All shots are hand held, as I couldn't find a way to carry my monopod on the little pocket bike I was using to drive around the service road of Brno...
  13. X

    A Picture I Took - 2006

    Thanks :) And yes it's a cheap lens I picked mine up on eBay for $70 with a Nikon L37c filter. It's plenty sharp for me but its a little soft wide open. If you’re looking for really sharp images you would have to use it past f/2.8. It's probably hard or impractical to tell but the shot of...
  14. X

    A Picture I Took - 2006

    Some of my first shots with my new D50 50mm f/1.8 17-55mm Kit Lens 17-55mm Kit Lens 50mm f/1.8 50mm f/1.8
Back
Top