Recent content by Xireon

  1. X

    WD Red 3 TB issues - Bad quality or unlucky?

    Thanks all for your comments! I have sent the defective disk back to the store I bought it from, and am awaiting a replacement drive. However, if one more drive starts failing anytime soon, I will be dropping WD for the time being. I have always been a fan of Hitatchi drives, and I...
  2. X

    WD Red 3 TB issues - Bad quality or unlucky?

    Hi all, I am running into some issues with WD's 3 TB Red drives, and I would some some advice. Allow me to elaborate: Last summer I bought a new set of 8 WD30EFRX-68A Red drives for use in a NAS. Everything went well until November, when one drive went down and would not spin up anymore...
  3. X

    ZFS: New storage build. Looking for advise.

    hotcrandel: Thanks for the compliment. I live in The Netherlands, so the heat won't be that spectacular, though I will be monitoring. Regarding your points: 1: I messed up the different cards, as the L8i card is an IR mode card and the L8E card is an IT mode card aka a dumb HBA which is what...
  4. X

    ZFS: New storage build. Looking for advise.

    Hi all, I've been lurking around for some time, but I've finally registered to ask your advise, so I hope the thread's in the correct topic. At the moment I'm planning a build for a dedicated storage system, and I'm want to make sure whether or not all components will fit together the way I...
Back
Top