Recent content by XDUDE23

  1. X

    I need RAM! lots of RAM!

    Yeah, I need it to be stable for sure. On my current system I have had renders take as long as 3 months with no problems, so very much need that kind of stable performance in this new build. I know their support is not as grand as it used to be, but again I heard rumors that FB ram was a...
  2. X

    I need RAM! lots of RAM!

    Good points. I know that I will have to build a different rig if I go FB, but just not sure if it is worth it. I have heard that it is good for renderings, but not sure if it even matters if I am talking 32-128Gb+ of normal ram anyways. The board I am currently looking at...
  3. X

    I need RAM! lots of RAM!

    Alright, I have hit the RAM limits over the years, but this time I am a bit stumped as to how I should handle this current problem. My current computer has 8GB, not much but has done me well till now. My new rig indesign I am thinking of at least 32GB, maybe as much as 128GB. My part that...
  4. X

    wallpaper websites

    Sorry to "self promote" but my site has a bunch of artwork, all have a free version so feel free to check it out. http://www.3dartwork.net/
  5. X

    Dual Opteron 285 Question

    I am just running XP pro 32 bit for now. I did try to uninstall drivers, but no huge difference but then installed a old beta of win7 64 I had still had laying around (to see it was just an old OS issue as said) and it was so fast I didn't know that to think! So, I will just get a OEM of 7 pro...
  6. X

    Dual Opteron 285 Question

    I just added the 2nd 285 to my Tyan s2895 build to give it bit of a pep-up. After booting up with both CPUs, it seems slower... Not the reaction I was looking for. The new CPU seems to be at about 6o to 80% usage all the time, even with NOTHING using it. Any thoughts? CPU0 is stepping LCB9E...
Back
Top