Recent content by Xaxius

  1. X

    Netflix's ISP Speed Index For January 2014

    I don't know. AT&T seems to be doing okay for me. ;)
  2. X

    Contract ready for renew, what phone should I get?

    Droid X is close to free ($9.99) at Dell w/ a 2 yr contract. Seems like a pretty decent deal. http://mobility.dell.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=35693_4d2896b90cf941c7bcef7e88c81bfb54
  3. X

    Looking to Replace 37" Westinghouse

    Thanks for the advice... the thread regarding the input lag was really helpful. Based upon my research, I think I've narrowed it down to two screens: LG 37LH30 - 37" Widescreen 1080p LCD HDTV Panasonic VIERA TC-L37S1 37" 1080p LCD TV Does anyone have any experience on how either of...
  4. X

    Looking to Replace 37" Westinghouse

    Hey Everyone! I purchased a Westinghouse 37" back during the craze 3 years ago and unfortunately it's starting to die. I use it as my main screen for my PC and primarily use it to play WoW. I've been looking around, but I haven't been able to find a great alternative. I was wondering if folks...
  5. X

    [System Upgrade] Component Review/Advice Requested

    Thanks for the suggestions. From what I've read, the Phenom II X6 doesn't seem to perform to the same level as the Core i5 from a gaming perspective. I understand the 6-cores and I'm not against using AMD procs, but I fear the applications (games) I'd be using with it will not take advantage of...
  6. X

    [System Upgrade] Component Review/Advice Requested

    My 8800 GTX died this past weekend and I began looking at doing a wholesale upgrade on my existing C2D system components to support a new graphics card. My plan is to take the existing system and upgrade my daughters computer while providing myself a new and improved system. Below are the...
  7. X

    Adaptec 2405 (Mini SAS to SATA Cable)

    I tried Fry's and with my luck... they were all out. I realize I may be spending more than I would if I bought it on-line, but I really need to get this up and running this weekend. Anyone have any other ideas? I can't believe there isn't a place in all of Austin that doesn't stock a cable...
  8. X

    Adaptec 2405 (Mini SAS to SATA Cable)

    I just purchased an Adaptec 2405 brown box and I need to pick up a Mini SAS to 4x SATA. Does anyone know somewhere that would stock something like this locally in Austin? Would Fry's Electronics carry this? Thanks!
  9. X

    OCZ Stuttering fix and speed enchancements

    I actually picked up two 64GB OCZ SSDs this weekend for around $74.99 each after rebate. While the software solution is interesting, I was more interested in the folks that are using dedicated raid controllers with onboard cache to achieve the same result. I thererfore picked up an Adaptec 2405...
  10. X

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    I need some more help. I decided to get a little crazy and bought two OCZ SSD 64GB drives and an Adaptec 2405. Total price after rebates... around $340.00. The question is, will the MSI P6N support the x8 PCI-E in the second slot for the Adaptec card? Also, is the Adaptec card compatible...
  11. X

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Well, my computer has been running pretty well for the last year and a half but I'm now looking at upgrading the CPU. Here is my current configuration... Core 2 Duo e6600 @ 3.150 Ghz Scythe Infinity (Push/Pull w/ 2x Silver Stone FM121 at 1600RPMs) 4GB G.Skill PC2-6400 (F2-6400CL4-1GBPK)...
  12. X

    The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database *READ 1st Post for Instructions*

    Update: After bumping up the NB voltage on the motherboard and CPU, I reached a stable 3300Mhz. User Name: Xaxius Stability: 7 hrs+ Orthos Small FFT CPU: e6600 OC: 3300 MHZ Stepping: 6 B2 Week: L647 Code: G435 Vcore: 1.43v Cooling: Air Cooler brand/model: Scythe Infinity w/ 2x...
  13. X

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    I was able to get up to 3300Mhz (9x / 366Mhz) by increasing the NB voltage by two settings up. Orthos has been running for over an hour and load temp is hovering around 59 degrees Celcius. If I can lock this one down, this will be my operating speed going forward for the CPU. The problem is...
  14. X

    The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database *READ 1st Post for Instructions*

    Well... it's a start. Gonna shoot for higher in a couple of days. User Name: Xaxius Stability: 6 hrs+ Orthos Small FFT CPU: e6600 OC: 3150 MHZ Stepping: 6 B2 Week: L647 Code: G435 Vcore: 1.37v Cooling: Air Cooler brand/model: Scythe Infinity w/ 2x Silverstone FM121...
  15. X

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Well... time for some fun with MS Paint! That is how it looks like if you look directly at the side of my case. The red boxes on either side are my Silver Stone FM121 fans running at 1700RPM. The air is sucked thru the heatsink and out the back of the case. Under load, the highest temp...
Back
Top