Just reformatted, downloaded the Audigy 2 ZS drivers from creative's website, but the audio console it installed is different from the old one I used to have...
Before I used to have creative's volume icon in my system tray which would let me test the positional audio, test the hardware...
hmm what makes my situation worse is that I don't have my Windows CD on me (it's 2000 miles away in my dorm, i'm home on break). I was hoping to be in Windows before formatting for another week. so for now I'd just like to know whether it's a Windows related problem, a hardware problem, hard...
Here's what I used to have: Athlon 64 3200+, ASRock K8S8X mobo (SiS chipset), Geforce 5900XT AGP 8x video card, 1 GB of DDR 400 memory
I got an ECS KA3 MVP ATi Xpress 3200 chipset motherboard, a low power X2 4200+, a Radeon X1950 Pro, and a new Raidmax 630W power supply.
Here's my...
guess the HIS X1950 Pro doesn't come with an adapter. Only came with some cable that attaches to the S-video output and a DVI-to-VGA adapter.
i should probably buy a new PS anyways, mines only 480W, that seems to be the minimum these days
anyways what minimum watt PS would you guys recommend?
I'm running a X2 4200+ o/c'd, an o/c'd Radeon X1950 Pro, 1 GB DDR2, also got a SATA and IDE drive, along with 2 IDE DVD/CD burners, and an Audigy2 and wireless PCI card
Bah... seems like I want to upgrade just 1 thing, and I keep having to replace more and more, even though I'd build a top of the line PC 2 and a half years ago
Can't upgrade my geforce 6 series AGP vid card... they don't make anything better in AGP. So i buy a new motherboard. Can't use my 64...
What the hell is this? I just bought a HIS Radeon X1950 Pro turbo, and on the back of a card there's a rectangular connection with 6 pins, 3x2.
Never seen a connection like this before, and can't find one from my power supply - and I have a good Thermaltake Purepower 480W PS. My old vid card...
I just got the energy efficient Athlon 64 X2 4200+ retail version. The heatsink comes already with some thermal pad or grease on it. Anyone know how good this is? Or should I go buy some Arctic Silver before I install it?
I looked at tomshardware but as I said they only have the scores for the standard 7900s, with 450 / 1320 MHz clocks. XFX makes versions in 525/1550 MHz and even a 600/1600 MHz model
I know the X1950 Pro is better than the 7900GS, but I'm looking at XFX's 7900GS which has a core clock of 525 MHz and memory 1550 MHz, compared to the 7900 GS's standard 450/1320 speed.
The ASUS Radeon is $189 on newegg, and the XFX 7900GS is $199 but with a $30 mail in rebate.
which is...