Recent content by WiL11o6

  1. W

    Time to upgrade. Which one? Help!

    I would definitely get the 7850 and OC that sucker. Your CPU is getting pretty old, but still capable for less CPU intensive games.
  2. W

    Recommendations for a 27" 1440P IPS panel

    I've been on my 23" Dell U2311H for some time now. I use it 50% gaming (Dota2 and BF4 atm) and 50% web browsing. I don't do any video/photo editing but I do like the colors and viewing angles of the IPS panel. I've always been fine with my Dell, until I bought a 27" 1080p Acer glossy IPS that...
  3. W

    Are the price drops from Nvidia enough to make you go Nvidia rather than AMD?

    I would only get the 290x once 3rd party coolers come out. My old 7970s were hot and loud, and these 290x are hotter and louder. Unlike a lot of people, I don't put on headphones or have my computer in another room. The noise would bother me so even if both cards were $499, I'd rather get the...
  4. W

    Coffee on motherboard!

    Thanks guys, in the process of cleaning it right now. How long do I need to let it sit and dry with 99% isopropyl alcohol.
  5. W

    Coffee on motherboard!

    haha, yeah I cleaned it up after. I suppose I should take it apart and wait for more thermal paste.
  6. W

    Coffee on motherboard!

    I'm afraid I might do more damage is the main reason. Even though everyone says it's fine, me putting dabs and dabs of alcohol on a Q-tip on the same spot trying get the stickiness off feels like I'm putting too much liquid onto the motherboard. Unless it's really okay to put a lot of it without...
  7. W

    Coffee on motherboard!

    That's what it looks like. If someone says it's fine, I don't want to take apart everything! I don't have extra thermal paste so I would need to wait. I already tried cleaning up the back, but I would need to remove the whole damn thing.
  8. W

    Coffee on motherboard!

    edited: I have 99% Isopropyl alcohol. Would that short the circuits? Q-Tip and alcohol to tab is fine?
  9. W

    Coffee on motherboard!

    I accidentally spilled coffee (with creamer) on my table and I couldn't stop it in time for it to leak off my table and have a couple drips land into the side of my case. My PC kept running fine, no sparks or anything. I didn't even notice it leaked into my case so I took my time turning...
  10. W

    Help with new budget build for ITX or mini ATX - $750

    I suppose I could live without OCing. I don't plan to do max OC on CPU and GPU, just moderately over since it's basically free performance (assuming I get an unlocked CPU). I am playing Dota2 a lot at the moment, but I do enjoy graphically intense games like Crysis 3, BF3/4..etc. I have a main...
  11. W

    Help with new budget build for ITX or mini ATX - $750

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Gaming and web browsing for LAN so will need a small case, so either mini atx or itx. 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? $750 tax and shipping included. 3) Which country do you live in? If the...
  12. W

    What video card will you be using for Battlefield 4?

    Just wait for AMD to announce their new line up in a couple days. There will be price drops and or better performing cards for the same price as they are now.
  13. W

    Great job EVGA and GTX 780 - coming from 7970s.

    After 4 hours of Dota2, the max temp this card reached was 43c. That is truly amazing from an air cooler, granted the GPU was only around 600-800mhz most of the time @ 60fps.
  14. W

    Great job EVGA and GTX 780 - coming from 7970s.

    lol, I guess in that sense, I would too. But if it was a blind test and you were in each car, both accelerating at same speed.
  15. W

    Great job EVGA and GTX 780 - coming from 7970s.

    Imagine this analogy: The CF 7970 is a Ferrari and the 780 is a Civic. The Ferrari's top speed is 180mph and the Civic is 120mph. They need to get from point A to point B and the freeway's speed limit is only 60mph. As of right now, before we get new drivers, the Ferrari driver while at 60mph...
Back
Top