Wow, excellent deal! Thanks for the info, NORDO, I just grabbed 3 more from them!
Details: Currently OD has them for $119.99 (till 3/8) and you can print the 30% off coupon right off their website homepage (mine expired 3/2, tomorrow), so total $84 +tax. Best price going on a 3TB drive from...
I just grabbed a couple myself from the egg so am kinda wondering the same thing. Seems like a good deal for a 3TB drive. I popped them open and have had them running badblocks for a couple passes to see how they hold up. If all goes well I will get a few more when the next deal comes around...
Sadly that is not an option. I purchased it well over a month ago and have been trying to get it to work with several different RAID controllers (not a expander issue it seems), each failed until the LSI9261-8i, though it only connects at 1.5. I guess I should have returned it straight away but...
Point taken. I guess anything not directly from HP would be "grey". I would really prefer not to play Russian roulette with these things, so I guess I will find an Intel/LSI expander. I see new ones are starting at $250+, which is considerably more than the HP, but if it works....
Thanks...
Hello all. I recently purchased one of these expanders with the hopes of connecting it to my LSI 9261-8i and running a full load of drives in my 4220 case (running out of room fast on the single RAID5 array). Sadly when I hook it up is shows SATA drives only connecting at 1.5 (SAS connects...
I have received more than one HD from NewEgg in just a clamshell floating around in the bottom of the box. This is beyond pathetic and not what should be coming from one of the most respected etailers. In recent months they have started putting them in small HD boxes, but I still get them in...
Anyone have some advice for downgrading the firmware? I just received a new/refurb P410 and have been unable to get any of the firmware CDs/USB sticks to work. Appears the card came with the latest firmware and will not work on my SM board. Was hoping to take it back to 3.66 and try that. No...
After researching this and a few others I made the choice to go with this one. Price vs performance is king for me, and the ZR24w just takes the cake over any of the other high-end 24" monitors out there right now. I received a perfect condition new unit with absolutely no dead pixels or any...