Recent content by Whispermod

  1. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    Update 3 - Clamp Madness, Main Panel Bent to Shape. Another big day today, although I don't have much to show for it. The first 3 hours were spent marking up the main panel - this took forever; then I drilled a few holes for the fan mounting. Rather than cut out the fan holes and DVD drive slot...
  2. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    Update 2 - Motherboard Mounting, Folding Attempt, Paint. Phew, long day. It seems to take a long time to get anything done with aluminium :o Fewer photos today because there's not much to show, the timelapse will show all the work going in! I tried to fold the edge of the motherboard panel...
  3. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    I've run out of cookies :p Yeah that would work quite well, you shouldnt worry about having screws visible though. So long as they're black or something.
  4. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    Update 1 - TIMELAPSE Please watch this in at least 480p if you can, it goes pretty weird on 240p. YouTube- Project "Mars" - Update 1 - Timelapse Free cookie if you can read my T-shirt :)
  5. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    Update 1 - First adventures into aluminiun land! For those that havn't seen any of my worklogs before, I prefer to show as much about the path I took as I can. I believe worklogs should be about the journey as well as the final product. It's hard to gauge all the work that goes into some...
  6. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    Thanks B-Sal, it's my first time working with Aluminium so it will be a steep learning curve. But I think the end result will be worth it. And thank you for the compliments on Eyas, the worklog is exclusive to OCN for competitive purposes - otherwise I would post it here too. When you have a...
  7. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    24th August 2010 - Update 0, Sketchup Design and Render So here we have it, an m-ATX performance case. I think it has a sort of Mountain Mods/Lian Li look to it. But there's one thing that makes this case stand out compared to the regular mATX builds you see on the market. As anyone...
  8. W

    Project "Mars" - Scratch Aluminium mATX Case

    About Me I am a self-confessed modding addict: I have built a number of computer cases from scratch so far, and I don't plan to stop any time soon. My portfolio so far includes an ATX acrylic cube, "Paroxysm"; and an untra-SFF mini-ITX HTPC, "Eyas". To keep my modding alive, I try to sell each...
Back
Top