• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by wearefree

  1. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    I'm trying to weigh out my options: 1) My CPU (P4 3.0E) is pretty old, and x1950pro is already bottlenecked somewhat by my CPU, later generations may be even more bottlenecked and not worthy; 2) The power requirement of later generations may go up and my limited Dell power supply (even...
  2. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Wow that got me thinking... should I keep my current X1950pro or return it and wait for a better deal to come? Besides, what's the odds of the new lineup in agp?
  3. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Schro, It's probably the best for you to buy a new motherboard then a PCI-e card. This option did not work for me because first I don't have a big enough budget; second my Dell computer cannot take any motherboard that is not made for Dell. So if I want to buy a new motherboard (which will...
  4. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    All I want to say is this is definitely worth the $18x.x (after tax) that I paid for it. This weekend I played Far Cry again, and I was wowed by the image quality! In the past I could barely set anything to high w/o AA and AF, now everything is set to max and the game looks fantastic! It felt...
  5. W

    AGP club

    Hell yeah, just upgraded from evga 6800 agp to Diamond Viper x1950pro 512Mb agp. Call me a lunatic or what, here I am, AGP club!
  6. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Powersupply... From the test last night it seems definitely this was the problem. I can boot into windows just fine but when I load any game the card would crash and display would turn off. Any good budget powersupply recommendations? Edit: will this work...
  7. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Yes you're right. I overlooked and the one that can house four DDR sticks are for AMD CPUs. Well that just convinced me even further that I should keep my computer and play with it for a little longer. Hope my powersupply will put out enough juice. Fingers crossed... I will run the test tonight.
  8. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Just did a quick search on Toms. CPU may bottleneck but quite unlikely and also depend on the games I play. @ ynnek888: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157107 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157097 The picture of both these AsRock...
  9. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    I bought this card: http://www.microcenter.com/byos/byos_single_product_results.phtml?product_id=256486 The price is too hot to resist. Haven't test it yet but heard it is at about 4 times faster than what I have now.
  10. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Well, I have to say a good friend. Even I'm leaning towards option 3 people on dell forums are saying the power supply may need to be upgraded as well, which is another $80 to $100. Then it becomes really not worth it, and I should start considering a new computer in the near future (Core 2 duo...
  11. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Well option closed. A friend is offering me his ATI all-in-wonder for free till I get my LCD tv. I guess my semi-legitimate reason for upgrading is now out of the questions. Thanks for all the inputs though.
  12. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    I did think about that choice as well, except it is a DELL which means the motherboard is customized for DELL only. I have researched and nobody could find a motherboard that can fit in the DELL box. Besides, even if I did, socket 478 motherboard with PCI express are really hard to come by. If I...
  13. W

    Should I upgrade my AGP card (6800 to x1950pro)?

    Guys/Gals, I run into a situation that I need to buy an extra AGP card now. My main rig is in the signature, and I recently acquired another computer (for free) that is quite old: Athlon 1800+, 352 mb PC2100, on-board video (VGA output only). The idea is to use this computer as my video box...
  14. W

    Cheapest AGP card to run Oblivion well

    I've been using 6800 vanilla runnin Oblivion on 1680x1050 res with HDR on. I turned down the texture from large to medium. I have to say it doesn't look bad, even though a more powerful card will be better.
  15. W

    SB Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music - worth buying?

    Buy it, think later... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7293813&type=product&id=1118841152655 It's on sale now. You can always return back to bestbuy if this doesn't meet your expectations. I highly recommend it though.
Back
Top