• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by weagle

  1. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Agree with everything Rokh says regarding the monitor. WoW looks great on this monitor. First time I logged in, it was like playing a different game. In comparing this to my previous 1080P monitor, I definitely like the extra resolution when gaming on this monitor. I think the increased...
  2. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Just under 17 1/4 inches (438 mm).
  3. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Edited above post with a new photo as the camera really did a number on that previous one. That is a black background. If I'm sitting in a dark room staring at the black screen, I can see the slightest glow in the lower left, lower right and top right. The lower left is really minor. The...
  4. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Decided to take another picture with the Nikon now that it is dark. Had a little trouble focusing. I've lowered the brightness to 35%. I do not notice those three bright areas when using the monitor. The black on this forum looks consistent across the bottom of the screen. I didn't notice it...
  5. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    @Chipicao - i followed your suggestion and looked at each corner straight on at eye level. I could not see any light leaking from either corner. Never have performed an input lag test so pardon if the below image is meaningless. On the right is the U2412M A03. I cloned the display off my...
  6. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    I actually have a work issue that I had to VPN in to work to troubleshoot. It's nice having so much real estate, but the text is so small. I knew that going into the purchase, I'll see if I get used to it. Also, I have no dead/stuck pixels from what I've seen. Still haven't run it through...
  7. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    Just finished setting it up. Had Fall yard work to do before I could mess with it. I have to apologize for the quality of the below images. I couldn't find my wife's Nikon so I went with the iPhone 5. I made the room as dark as I could for it being a sunny afternoon. There is a double...
  8. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    The One Day Delivery - Saturday was available for $8.99. I decided may as well since I was already spending $700.
  9. W

    ASUS PB278Q 1440p IPS (PLS Panel)

    My wife may kill me, but I just ordered a PB278Q off of Amazon for Saturday delivery. They had one left in stock and I grabbed it without thinking. I have a U2412M I purchased two weeks ago and the AG coating slightly bothers me when working in Word or coding. If this one looks better, the...
  10. W

    Dell S-Line Screens - S2740L, S2440L, S2340M, S2340L, S2240M

    I've never had a monitor as glossy as this one appears. If I have a window to the left of my desk, would I have to keep the blinds closed in order to use the monitor? I wasn't sure if the direction of the light source mattered with the glare. Thanks.
  11. W

    Latest Rev for Dell U2412M?

    I received an A03 manufactured in August.
  12. W

    My 27" dell is broken. Want a new monitor.

    With 1080p, you are able to sit further back from the screen than I would imagine on a 27" 1440 or the U2412M. I have the U2412M now after using a 27" 1080P for a couple of years. I find the text to be sharper on the U2412M, but I also had to move the monitor up a little bit on my desk...
  13. W

    My 27" dell is broken. Want a new monitor.

    If you are ok with a 24" and you want the USB hub, there is always the U2412M.
  14. W

    westy 37" delivered from lcdtvs.com!!

    I got mine from Etronics as well (through Amazon). It was listed briefly on Friday at $999 after shipping. Got tracking number Friday night and the monitor was delivered today. Best part is no one from Etronics called me.
  15. W

    Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

    Received mine today and the difference in this compared the the 32" Westy I tried earlier this year is night and day. This thing is beautiful. I keep fooling with the calibration, but finally think I have it where I like it. Anyone sitting on the fence about this monitor should just buy it.
Back
Top