Could links please be provided for these 2 boards with prices.
Found a good thread on this subject. Sorry if I put this one in the wrong spot.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1408285&highlight=ud3p
I appreciate the recommendations as well as the discussions. Yes my setup now is a Q6600 but will be upgraded sometime in the near future. Seems the UD3P might suit me a little better if I am to upgrade my proc. I had already looked into that one. Didn't know what may be comparable to it. Any...
Just noticed those X48 boards are priced well above the P45's. I can't see that much difference to justify the cost. Yes I know the more expensive ones support DDR3. Probably stick with the P45 range if that's the case.
Looking to replace my 680i LT for an Intel board. My current board is fine, just wanting to replace it for a better overclocker. Currently have a q6600 g0, HD4870, 4GB DDR2. Possible upgrade to newer quad and crossfire. Any suggestions appreciated.
I game at 1680 x 1050. Purchased a 4870/512 for my sons build and also a 4870/1GB for upgrading mine. Probably overkill for that resolution but things will be smoother and I will be ready for the monitor upgrade at a later date. Plus at $160, it is hard to pass up.
I think some of you are missing it. I am not going to buy retail. I am hitting up the forums on good buys. I was maybe thinking the new stuff could drive the prices down of the used items further than they are now.
I am going to buy something now. The card is the last piece I need to finish the build. Waiting on replies on a 4850 and a 9800GTX right now. Of course, I could upgrade my 8800GTS 512 (G92) and give him that. Decisions,decisions.
Thx for the replies. I am not interested in the new cards. What I was thinking was waiting for the new cards or not to drive down the prices of what's available now. Trying to do this with as little money as possible and still put together a decent system. We are upgrading him from a P4 2.4 /...
Looking to finish a build with my son. As the new cards are coming from nVidia and ATI, should I wait a bit to purchase, say a 4870/4850, or do you not think the prices will drop much from where they are now.