• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Waymon3X6

  1. W

    Job as PC hardware reviewer/tester

    Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post, so please move if necessary. I have been searching for a while to find a job of some sort in reviewing PC hardware. To my avail, I have not had a any luck! I have searched through hundreds of threads on tons of different forums for people...
  2. W

    2900XT crossfire versus 3870 Crossfire

    I wouldn't say theres a huge difference, but it is noticeable in games like crysis where every extra frame counts. 2x 3870s dont wont add an extra $100+ to your power bill too - the 2900s are monsters on power.
  3. W

    Q6600/8800GTX expected 3dmarks?

    We're talkin about a GTX, not GTS. BTW, that score seems kinda low for a GTS, I would expect 15k
  4. W

    Q6600/8800GTX expected 3dmarks?

    Around 13k, plus or minus
  5. W

    HD3870X2 and New Version of Rivatuner

    The cards overclock in 32Mhz increments, so if you want 855, set it to 887.
  6. W

    LOL do I have the fastest 3470?

    Just out of curiosity, what cooler are you using?
  7. W

    LOL do I have the fastest 3470?

    Pretty good score... My max was 20k3 with my 2 3870s (not X2's) Try getting your quad to 4Ghz, bet you can break 22k with that.
  8. W

    Running into trouble OCing Q6600

    When the quad is idling it uses less power, so it will not show up in CPUZ as using the voltage you set it to when you're at your desktop.
  9. W

    Why dose the 8800gts beat the 3870?? (texture fill rate)

    I second that. I agree, and have no idea why true nvidia fanboys go out and buy a Maximus Formula - that uses a X38 chipset and then they add a GTX. That pretty much puts the second PCI 2.0 slot to waste, because you can't run SLi with a Intel chipset, only one from nvidia and second; if the...
  10. W

    crossfire 3d Mark 06 scores?

    man I bet if you could push that G0 Quad to 4Ghz then you could get more than 20k!
  11. W

    Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 X2 - GPU speeds fluctuates during 3D gaming.

    This has been known for a while, and the only way to fix it is to flash the BIOS with a modded custom one.
  12. W

    Official 3dmark06 scores here (please read first post before posting)

    My score: 20317 Specs in Sig Validation: http://service.futuremark.com/resultComparison.action?compareResultId=4689751&compareResultType=14
  13. W

    Maybe I'm reading this wrong....

    Not going to happen. Then there would be no competition.
  14. W

    Crossfire question

    Well actually for 2 3850s I think 500watts may be enough. If you have a reliable PSU (which you do, antec's are awesome) then I believe 500 watts would be enough for crossfiring 2x 3850s.
  15. W

    8800GT (single) vs 3870X2

    Well yeah, nothing can play Crysis @ a high resolution with good frames. Well since the 3870x2 is better than a 8800GTX, it is most defenetly faster for a 8800GT. I mean, the 3870x2 is $450, a 8800GT around $200 so you get what you pay for. Benches...
Back
Top