• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by watchdogusa

  1. W

    My Offset OC Settings P8P67 Pro 2600K 4.7GHz

    You should set internal PLL to enable. That should give you a little more headroom. Btw, I found this review: http://www.pcworld.com/article/218329/v3_convoy_premium_performance_at_a_palatable_price.html These guys at V3 Gaming PC were using the same board and they had the 2600K @5GHz...
  2. W

    2600k Overclock headroom

    It is probably the memory. When I oc mine, I had to lower my 2133 to 1866 if I want to get more than 47 in multiplier. I also had to move my voltage to 1.42 to be stable. In addition, if you have D2 stepping, you have to "enable" the PLL overvoltage, not just set at "AUTO". This will give...
  3. W

    2600k Overclock headroom

    Yes, D1 are ES only. D1 doesn't require the PLL over voltage, only D2s. D1 is not a poor overclocker, as you can see, most of the higher overclocked 2600K are with D1 stepping. D2 are the retail version (some ES also) and before they add the PLL overvoltage in the bios, they hit the wall...
  4. W

    2600k Overclock headroom

    with 2600k, overclocking is very cpu dependent, i.e., every CPU is different. However, with that said, the stepping of your CPU puts the overclocking ability into two different groups. If you have the D1 Stepping, you are in luck. You are looking at a minimum of 4.8G and up and many had been...
  5. W

    GTX 580 vs. Radeon 6970, should I wait?

    Well, if you are looking at the price proposition, you are correct. However, looking it that way, I would have gone with the GTX 570 overclocked version and it would be better than the 6970. If you are just looking for the fastest card, GTX 580 is no doubt the better choice here.
  6. W

    GTX 580 vs. Radeon 6970, should I wait?

    Hey Boohoohoo, What have you decided? I don't think 6970 turns out to be as good as AMD projected it to be. Did you build it yourself or did you get V3 gaming to do it for you?
  7. W

    GTX 580 vs. Radeon 6970, should I wait?

    rumor has it that 570 will hit soon. Maybe even before 6970. Maybe value vs performance it would hit the spot. Your wait shouldn't be too long now.:D
  8. W

    V3 Move 3DS vs Cyberpower LAN MINI EVO

    I don't know what they did, but I know that with standard bios, everytime you boot up, you will get an warning message saying the CPU is not supported, and it wait for you to hit a key to continue booting.
  9. W

    V3 Move 3DS vs Cyberpower LAN MINI EVO

    Funny you caught that too. I actually called V3 Gaming on this issue, and they told me that they had a customized bios that will handle the 1090T. In fact, they told me that they had sent a review system with that processor slightly overclocked for PC Mag and will post soon. They told me that...
  10. W

    V3 Move 3DS vs Cyberpower LAN MINI EVO

    I have the scars to prove... ;)
  11. W

    Asus P8P67-I Sandy Bridge Mini ITX

    Totally agree. On these mini-itx boards, you would like to hvae as many USB port open as possible. Usually you can only utilize a pair from the board to hook up to the front of the case and the other one on board is usually wasted. This board and the SG05 would be a great combination for a...
  12. W

    GTX 580 vs. Radeon 6970, should I wait?

    I doubt it...
  13. W

    V3 Move 3DS vs Cyberpower LAN MINI EVO

    Yes, flipping the power supply actually helps to pull fresh air from outside of the case to cool the power supply. A bit louder but better overall. Just beware of the killer cable-tie knot.
  14. W

    V3 Move 3DS vs Cyberpower LAN MINI EVO

    SG05 is a fine box, and yes, it doesn't give you cuts. However, I am more worried about the pins, heatsinks on the motherboards, the wiring with cable ties (the most deadly ones in my opinion, where the extra piece of the tie that is cut off), and etc. Anyway, for some reason, whenever I am...
  15. W

    V3 Move 3DS vs Cyberpower LAN MINI EVO

    Agreed. For the price, these pre-builts are not too bad. I mean, pricing all the parts from Newegg on the V3 Move 3DS, it comes pretty close to the price they are offering. In addition, they are offering a 3 year warranty. I think it is not a bad idea to pick one of this up if you don't...
Back
Top