• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by wasabichimera

  1. W

    Dell 2007 fp/fpw Banding issue.

    I have the 2007fwp and it does have banding with DVI. Otherwise I love it and it is only occasionally noticeable depending on your use. I plan to exchange it once a revision is made.
  2. W

    First Half of 2005FPW vs 2007WFP!

    I have these banding issues and it deals with the DVI connection in some way. I noticed this also on the Dell Forum. I think I will wait until there is a revision, since this one is A0, before I return it.
  3. W

    would there be a big difference between 19inch lcd and 20.1 widescreen?

    Also pixel pitch or dot pitch. Which can make things not as sharp since it is larger on the 19", at least in my experience.
  4. W

    First Half of 2005FPW vs 2007WFP!

    Also when I uped the brightness and switched it back to the PC mode, all the red tint was gone. So I'm not really sure which is best to use, but the PC mode is darker on my MAC and it's slightly annoying to have to switch that each time I go between the machines.
  5. W

    First Half of 2005FPW vs 2007WFP!

    Part of the reason I got this model is because of the panel and it's use in the apple cinema display, which I use at work. I had two ViewSonic VP930b and those were frying my eyes and the pixel pitch was also a problem...so I returned them and got this. I instantly turned down the brightness...
  6. W

    First Half of 2005FPW vs 2007WFP!

    It comes with a dvi cable. There is a $60 coupon right now I think.
  7. W

    First Half of 2005FPW vs 2007WFP!

    What are your settings? I've had mine for a few days and had turned the brightness down too much because I wasn't getting a lot of detail in darks, like on the forum main page, i could not see the dark gray very well. I have it set to 32 now, which seem to be good, slightly brigher than I would...
  8. W

    LCD bothers my eyes!

    Just to keep people updated. I thought about the ambient light issue yesterday and adjusted things to make sure that wasnt an issue. As I mentioned the first thing I did was adjust the brightness but after all my efforts things don't seem to be much better. I'm going to wait another day but...
  9. W

    LCD bothers my eyes!

    I've turned the brightness down but doesn't seem to matter. I just don't get it. I will give it another day or two to adjust and then try to return them. Not sure I can say these hurt my eyes I want to return them..so I will use the X backlight bleeding issue (which is minor to me but I can see it)
  10. W

    LCD bothers my eyes!

    Greetings, I'm wondering how this is possible. I know LCD's are suppose to reduce eye strain not increase it! Also I use an apple cinema display at work and that does not bother but the two new ViewSonic VP930b are irritating my eyes. I've adjusted and adjusted and nothing seems to work, added...
  11. W

    No DVI signal. Video Card issue? Help!

    No DVI signal. Video Card issue? Help! Greetings, I received one of the ViewSonic VP930b's today that I ordered. These are replacing two old CRT's and also allowing easier switching between my pc and mac. I cannot seem to get the DVI connect to work with the 930b. I have tried several...
  12. W

    No DVI signal. Video Card issue? Help!

    Greetings, I received one of the ViewSonic VP930b's today that I ordered. These are replacing two old CRT's and also allowing easier switching between my pc and mac. I cannot seem to get the DVI connect to work with the 930b. I have tried several things and in the end I can verify the DVI...
  13. W

    Back from Dell ordering Hell, need non-dell suggestions

    I don't agree with that at all. I work in a design studio and have been to many, including a huge in-house design department for a major cable network. Guess what they used, Apple Cinema Displays, tons of them. To say studios use LCD's because it's cool is foolish. No one would risk work quality...
  14. W

    Back from Dell ordering Hell, need non-dell suggestions

    Have you visited many design studios or ad agencies? Perhaps professional photographers still use CRT's but I haven't been to a design studio in recent time that wasn't using flat panels.
  15. W

    Back from Dell ordering Hell, need non-dell suggestions

    I've decided to go with the ViewSonic VP930, it is a lot more than the Dell 1905FP I was considering but the specs are certainly better 1000:1 contrast. The Acer does look really nice but I dont want a display with speakers built in and I need to get 2 displays, so I dont want the extra bulk...
Back
Top