Recent content by WarlockFX

  1. W

    what 'old school' game would you like to see a sequel or new version?

    Did you notice that they are trying to raise money for the development of Nexus 2? http://www.games-plant.com/nexus2/ You can influence yourselves if the sequel will be made!
  2. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    They sell them for nearly the same price. For practical purposes this seems more relevant to me than to which model line of the producer they belong. I can't afford CG series.
  3. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    I never asked for the wide gamut in the first place, so I am hardly willing to throw away the apps I am using or make other sacrifices for it. NEC has proven it is possible to implement working sRGB mode, so there is no excuse for Eizo omitting it.
  4. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    OK, I admit I was under impression that even current games were not colour managed yet at all, maybe I was wrong. I have some old games that I would like to be able to play still though. And most video players are not supporting CM (only some special builds and you have to set everything...
  5. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    IPS panels without A-TW polarizer, so they will suffer from IPS glow, no? I checked the thread about them briefly and they seem to be without sRGB emulation too. And it seems they don't even sell directly in my country.
  6. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Well, I have been considering if I can live with the PVA colour shifting and wide gamut issues... I didn’t found these problems to be as annoying as the IPS glow, which was just unacceptable for me, but for such price I was expecting the screen to be really perfect, which obviously wasn’t. Also...
  7. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Well, thank you all for your replies. I have returned the Eizo too and been considering buying the used 2490WUXi, but I don’t like to invest much money in used products without warranty so in the end I bought the SONY GDM-FW900, which I have been able to get for only 40EUR. This mammoth-size...
  8. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Couldn't they just implement some kind of a one ring to rule them all… eee I mean framework into the OS that would colour manage everything, basically assuming that all apps are sRBG unless specified otherwise? If Windows 8 would be able to do that, I would buy them. Now with more and more...
  9. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    I am sorry, but that is just not what I see. I am not looking at the screen from any special angles. It is already bad enough looking at it the normal way. Yes, the colors are amazing on brighter pictures but with darker scenes the picture deteriorates significantly. Maybe your room with the...
  10. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    You mean only the LCD2690WUXi though, yes? Because I don't see LCD2490WUXi (the first version) on the list of supported models of Spectraview II software. Thank you for informing me about them, but those are out of my budget I am afraid.
  11. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    I have now definitely decided that I will NOT accept the NEC's awful blacks with white glow. It is destroying the image more than Eizo's PVA colour shifting and wide gamut oversaturation (after I reduced it at least partially with the colour controls I mean) combined. I am returning the NEC...
  12. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Well I am basically using 80-100 cd/m2 during both day and night for video etc. (it is a somewhat dark room) and the lowest possible 40 cd/m² (which results in real 54 according to Spyder 3) setting for Word and web browsing at night. Yes, the picture degrades when going under 80, but as long as...
  13. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Thank you for your reply. I feared that. I think that the NEC clearly offers better value for money than the Eizo... if only I wasn't so sensitive to the ips glow :(
  14. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Yes, I am bit concerned about the brightness. Does anybody know how low is the minimal brightness in cd/m² on the 2490/2690WUXi? And do you think it is a good deal to buy LCD2490WUXi for nearly half the price of a new PA241W (I found someone selling it)? It is a 3 years old panel without any...
  15. W

    Trying NEC PA241W and Eizo S2433W and still not happy :(

    Damn, is it really impossible to calibrate and program the LUT in S2433W with some software and Spyder 3 for acceptable sRGB emulation? I have heard that it is impossible as NEC has 14-bit 3D LUT and S2433W only 10-bit, but could someone confirm it?
Back
Top