Recent content by Vyper

  1. V

    Looking to buy me a Laptop

    Yea, not so excited about 2 sticks of 512, that makes it very annoying to upgrade. Any other thoughts? -Vyper P.S. Again guys, I appreciate the feedback and opinions.
  2. V

    Looking to buy me a Laptop

    I have been eyeing that one. I still appears that HP gives some of the best buy options though. ASUS A8 Series A8JP-4S029M........Price: $1,298.99 Operating System....Windows XP Media Center Edition CPU Type................Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.00G Screen....................14" WXGA+...
  3. V

    Looking to buy me a Laptop

    Thanks for the quick response Dan. Thats good to know about the keyboard size. Im not really interested in 17", due to weight, and battery life. Im thinking somewhere between 13" and 15.4" is the way to go. Again, I appreciate the feedback.
  4. V

    Looking to buy me a Laptop

    I am in the market of Shopping for a new Laptop, but im unsure of Brands and so forth. I dont necessarily want to do all of my gaming (BF2142 and BF2, and Quake Wars when it comes out) I willl be doing those on my desktop, which has plenty of power. I would like to have WoW and WC3 both on my...
  5. V

    Anti Virus?

    You do know that this is defined as trolling, right? This is meant to be an honest discussion about the various Anti-Virus products out there. You all would of done a lot better to just provide opinions about the software, rather than opinions about me. Clearly its an isse we could debate about...
  6. V

    Anti Virus?

    Why does everyone react this way? The need of antivirus for someone who knows what they are doing is very minimal. If you find something, remove it yourself. I mean honestly, there has to be more people here on [H]ard like me that do not use anti virus, because there is no need. Edit: On a...
  7. V

    Anti Virus?

    My main concern is that if money isnt really an object, or if they were all free would one rise above AVG? Ive been reading reviews while at work tonight. I thought Panda was everyones favorite....
  8. V

    Anti Virus?

    Getting a Virus generally involves the user from agreeing to something, or going somewhere they shouldn't. This include opening emails they dont trust, or visiting sites that are of poor reputation. IF I get a virus, I research what the virus does, and manually remove it. My firewall takes care...
  9. V

    Anti Virus?

    First off, if there is a thread somewhere with the info I am looking for, I apologize, for I could not find it. I personally do not use AntiVirus myself, but I constantly have people ask me my opinion on what they should get. I never know what to tell them, because I don't use a product. I see a...
  10. V

    Gaming headphones?

    @ OCZ: Thats cool, I would appreciate the info. Right now, im rockin the onboard audio of the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium w/Heatpipe. It works. My roomate gave me an Audigy card, but im not sure of the model, I can install it if I need to. LMK what happens, otherwise I am probably going to get those PC...
  11. V

    Gaming headphones?

    I guess my next question is, if I break the $50 barrier, what is available with an integrated mic for online gaming? I really dont like the idea of a clip mic, nor two cables. -Vyper
  12. V

    Gaming headphones?

    I currently am using a set of Logitech 450 USB headphones with Headphone/Mic combo. I like them, but they recently broke, and this is my second pair ive had. I have heard good things about Senheisser (sp?). Im pretty much a headphone/audio noob. I need something good for gaming, with a mic...
  13. V

    Failed HDD Transport

    I often read the [H]OCP Articles, and lurk on the forums, and how fitting is it that when I finally have a problem I cannot solve, I come here, to garner the wisdom of the Hard members? Here is my situation: So I was trying to do a little HDD transplant yesterday, and ran into a snag, and I...
Back
Top