• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by vumemu

  1. V

    Experinces and opionons on VSA?

    Hi Marty, Well the pricing for VMware Essentials Plus Kit is around $4582 AUD where I am. Plus the three servers. All up I am looking close to $26,000 without networking. (2x R520, 1x R320, vSphere, Support) How has your setup been running with Veeam and replication? HAve you...
  2. V

    Experinces and opionons on VSA?

    cheers Joshu Thanks for the note. I will throw in a R320 for management then and probably run Veeam on that as well for backups. Going to go through the videos now. Thanks
  3. V

    Experinces and opionons on VSA?

    Oh do you need a hardware raid controller card for VSA or does VSA do that for you at the software level? My preference of course has always been on hard raid controller. Anyone know?
  4. V

    Experinces and opionons on VSA?

    Really good feed back here thank you everyone. I am pretty close to locking in the following spec now with a 2x host cluster. The thought of VSA now included in the licensing seems like a good option for small business solution. Especially when you consider that you are running two VSAs so...
  5. V

    Experinces and opionons on VSA?

    Hi, Was looking for anyone's experiences with using VMWare VSA. Was looking to build two server nodes for small business and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experiences with running VSA. Also be interested to know of the HP Lefthand is any good as a VSA. Was looking to spec...
  6. V

    Your home ESX server lab hardware specs?

    32gb host on a budget I used the following. Everything works well. Intel DQ77MK - Set UEFI for booting - Bios MKQ7710H.86A v049 - 2x Intel NIC Core i5 3750, 32gb of Memory G-Skill F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL 32GB Kit 2x 1tb Western Digital Green 4gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit (very compact) for...
  7. V

    Advice on Vmware Lab (DQ77MK)

    Thanks for the advice everyone. I bit the bullet and went down the single PC route for now. Build as follows - Intel DQ77MK - Core i5 3750, 32gb of Memory - G-Skill F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL 32GB Kit - 2x 1tb Western Digital Green - 4gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit (very compact) - ESXi 5 Update 1 - Latest...
  8. V

    Advice on Vmware Lab (DQ77MK)

    Thanks for the reply Hagrid. For the extra network cards I was thinking of running a trunk to the box so I can have vlans for iSCSI1,2,heart beat, data, management. Do you reckon I can get away with this on a test lab ?:) Keeping the ram though because I will be running a few domain...
  9. V

    Advice on Vmware Lab (DQ77MK)

    Hi Guys, This is my first post on the forum so sorry if I am going over old stuff again. :) Looking to go indeep into vSphere and get ready for the certification. I want to setup a lab at home and was wanting to get some advice. Would have been awesome to go for the X9SCM-F route but...
Back
Top