I went with the PCP&C Silencer 370 as a temporary power supply, until I get new parts. Thank you for the suggestion though, I will definitely have to check out different e-tailers to find the best price.
For the sake of budget, would a PCP&C Silencer 370 be okay when used with the old parts? It's cheaper than the Corsair even with rebate, has free shipping, and I hear that PCP&C is a reliable brand.
I appreciate the input. I was wondering because I plan on buying a new case with atx power supply, and my old case used a 1u power supply
If I use my old parts - matx g45 motherboard, c2d e8500, 2 sticks - 4gb ddr2, 2 harddrives, radeon 4850 - psu calculator comes up to just over 300watts.
The...
For example, let's say I have a 24 inch 1080p monitor and it gets 50fps in xbenchmark. Would my 50 inch 1080p monitor get 50fps too, assuming I'm using the same graphics card?
I want to power a core2quad q9550, 8gb (4 sticks) of ddr2, two 4890s, and five sata harddrives.
I used the extreme power supply calculator and the whole thing comes up to 525 watts peak. I read somewhere that the 4890s take up 190 watts each (peak) and I believe the quad has a TDP of 95w...
is that an antec? if you don't want to void your warranty, don't cut them. not sure if it will, but who knows. I've had two antecs die on me so I'm a little bitter. :(