Recent content by vpower107

  1. V

    i7 2600K on ASRock P67 Extreme6 Temperatures

    Had the same problem. Check my thread. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1600889
  2. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    Didn't try the new stock cooler. Didn't want to waste my time. From now on, I'll use an after market cooler from the start.
  3. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    See update in first post.
  4. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    I doubt there was a problem with the heatsink mount, as this isn't my first build. I checked and re-checked the mounting and it was secured to the CPU and motherboard. Like I said earlier, I reduced the CPU cores down to 1 and was able to boot and install windows and other drivers. One...
  5. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    The problem could very well have been with the intel heatsink or rather the pre-applied thermal paste. I do remeber the after removing the heatsink to package it back up that there wasn't much paste at all left on the CPU.
  6. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    The cpu fan was plugged into the motherboard directly.
  7. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    Yes and the BIOS said it was running around 1800 RPM to 2000 RPM.
  8. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    Yes, I did reset the cooler. I watched the youtube video just to make sure there wasn't anything special for it. This is the probably the 5th PC I've built with a stock Intel cooler and never had any problems.
  9. V

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0)

    i7-2600K Sandy Bridge + ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) I recently purchased these two products for a friend as part of a new system build. Using the stock heatsink and fan, the initial boot registered a "CPU over temperature" error. After loading the BIOS, I noticed the CPU was idling at 97...
Back
Top