A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Heh, that's what I get. Yea I was thinking about scaling all along and suddenly said pixel mapping for some reason. This guy is correct. :)
By the way nice pics DiceMann... they give a good impression of the viewing angles.
Before you and others get confused, based on the specs it will "accept" 720p/1080i/1080p through the HDMI port. Its scaler takes care of mapping the data from a 1920x1080 video signal to fit on the 1680x1050 screen, or in the case of 720p, upscaling from 1280x720 to 1680x1050. It does 1:1 pixel...
2405WFP hooked up to a HD-DVD/Blu-ray player with a DVI-HDMI cable would give you no picture at all since it lacks HDCP and won't be able to handshake. You can still view movies in 720p or 1080i through component for a few years until either the ICT (Image Constraint Token) on discs is ever used...
Only time 1:1 doesn't work is anything with a vertical resolution of 1200. Unfortunately someone at Dell forgot that 1600x1200 exists, so you can't select 1:1 and get a 4:3 image with black bars on the sides. This is a logic error in the firmware and it hasn't and probably will not be fixed. It...
Yes, the monitor has its own hardware for 1:1 pixel mapping so you'll get 60px black bars on the top and bottom of the screen with 1080p or 720p in 2:1. You can also zoom and get the stretched image if you want.
I thought I'd contribute to the thread again with my research since there may be others in my position. A few pages back I asked whether or not anyone knew if 1080p HDCP encoded video was possible on the 2407FPW and I got hope, but a vague answer. Now I believe to have all of the important bits...
First of all I appreciate the reply. I actually did see and read your post, but it came across as more of an recap of what HDCP, HDMI, and DVI were and how it all tied together. I noticed you said you needed a 1080p display for work, however, you were not clear in stating something along the...
I read the entire thread looking for an answer to this. I saw several pitches at it, but no one seems to have any real interests in the full use of HDCP and full 1080p content from HD sources (besides a PC).
Latest from Chris-M from Dell is...
First of all, don't call and demand a replacement, that's not going to get you very far.
Complete Care covers accidental damage, but note, you must be very descriptive of the "accident". What you described there was an accident and very different from the usual "it just fell," so any rep...
No order number, no return, especially after first 21 days of invoice.
Just need the serial# and no order# if you require a replacement.
Tell the rep. They should know, if they don't, tell them to search for the monitor replacement policy.
I've understood you need an HDCP display, HDCP video card, and an HDCP compliant OS.
If you have an HD-DVD or BD drive in your computer, you won't be able to view it in HD if you don't complete the chain.
If we're able to read the disc contents bit for bit, and some sort of DeAACS is...
You'll either get a warped image missing 15 pixels on top and bottom, or have to run at 720p. I think you're better off getting the 2405/2407 and have 60px black bars on top and bottom.
HDCP is important if you want to be able to straight play HD-DVD or Blu-Ray on your monitor without much fuss.
CSS DRM was cracked, and more than likely AACS will be cracked too *DVD Jon's working on it). When it is, you should be able to play your HD movies without any problems. You'll end...
I've seen the spec sheet for the 07 models and it seems to match what I've seen elsewhere. However, there are some differences. With my latest info (I got this off by writing it down on a notebook and taking it home) the 2407 basically matches everything you've all seen, but it does not have...