Recent content by Vieo

  1. V

    Is my motherboard dead?

    Hahahaha! It's alive! Every thing is working normally! I think... I think I might be a wizard or something!
  2. V

    Is my motherboard dead?

    OMG! I think I might of actually fixed it. After removing away the burned stuff on that line, I discovered a severed TINY flat piece of copper wire. I guess that's a "printed" circuit wire? Anyway, I used a tiny piece of wire, a soldering iron, and a bit of electrical tape to reattach the two...
  3. V

    Is my motherboard dead?

    Could this be the problem? (Sorry for the crappy picture. It was taken with a Nexus 7) That blackish/brown line smells burnt and it's raised off the board a little bit. That's right under the PCI slot where I said the smell came from. I've got a soldering iron, but I don't think I can fix it...
  4. V

    Is my motherboard dead?

    No dice. Tried my 520 watt corsair and still stuck at the splash screen. I've had to build at least 40 PCs since 2002 for various friends/family/coworkers and this is the first time I've had a motherboard die on me. I've even got a 2.4GHz P4 XP box based on an ASUS mobo that I built in 2001...
  5. V

    Is my motherboard dead?

    I'll try removing the PSU from my main computer and trying it with that. After I've done that, I'll tell you the outcome. =/
  6. V

    Is my motherboard dead?

    It's an Intel d510mo. This morning, I plug the power cord for computer into the outlet, and immediately I smell something like slightly burning plastic. Though, the smell faded away as soon as it came. I turned the computer on hoping there was no damage and the Intel splash screen came up. I...
  7. V

    Which of these PCI cards is better?

    LOL. Thanks. I'm hoping it'll run Unreal Tournament 2004 or games around that level.
  8. V

    Which of these PCI cards is better?

    I need a regular, non-express, PCI video card with a HDMI port. So far I've found two: ZOTAC ZT-60604-10L GeForce GT 610 512MB SPARKLE 700014 GeForce 8400 GS 512MB , but I can't tell which one is better in terms of 3D game (old games obviously :-) ) performance and watching videos in...
  9. V

    Antec ISK-110 + gaming?

    Might as well do this. Thanks for the advice everyone.
  10. V

    Antec ISK-110 + gaming?

    I inherited an Antec ISK-110 from my friend who is upgrading to a case with more space for hard drives. I've got some spare DDR3 1333 sticks and laptop hard drives laying around, so I want to make a build out of it. Given that the case has no expansion card slot and it only has a 90watt...
  11. V

    Help me ID this motherboard?

    Damn. Somebody bought it. I submitted my best offer of $14 (yeah. I'm a cheap bastard.) LOL. Ah well.
  12. V

    Help me ID this motherboard?

    Any idea what brand/model this motherboard is. This dude is selling it on eBay (He's got 100% positive feedback with an 800 rating, so he seems legit.) for really cheap, but he doesn't know model or manufacturer. He said he bought it as a CPU+MEM+MOBO combo, but all he wanted was the CPU and...
  13. V

    I want to play "Point and Click" adventure games from my couch.

    I want to play "Point and Click" adventure games (King's Quest, Broken Sword, etc.) from my couch. What are my options? I've tried using a wireless mouse + keyboard, but I don't like it. The keyboard is too bulky and the mouse requires a surface to run on. Is there something out there for PCs...
  14. V

    Estimated size of these fans?

    Ok. I have a weird request. Can someone estimate the size of the three fans (they're next to that huge heatsink) in the image below? The dimensions of the projector are (L x W x H ): 297 mm x 210 mm x 43 mm
  15. V

    External PSUs. Where can I buy them?

    When I say "gaming", I mean between Quake 3 and Team Fortress 2, not Crysis and Modern Warfare 2. I have a really good gaming PC already, but I want to build one that will fit in this box and run at least TF2 or greater depending on how much power I can reasonably cram in there. Also, I want...
Back
Top