• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by victor_c26

  1. V

    XFX 5850 cooler change

    So is all hope lost for the people that still want a reference board?
  2. V

    hdd health status?

    Spinrite is definitely a great preventative program. Also if you want to check your drive's SMART attributes, download HD Tune. Just google "HD Tune", it's the first result.
  3. V

    Uncorrectable Sector count = 3

    Well I'm talking specifically about the Uncorrectable Sector Count indicator (it's the 3rd last entry in the chart). The Power on cautionary indicator was most likely given because I keep my system mostly on 24/7.
  4. V

    Uncorrectable Sector count = 3

    Well, it seems that my hard drive has 3 uncorrectable sectors and using CHKDSK with write correcting didn't seem to get rid of them. Could this be something that might came back and bite me in the ass later on? Should I get another drive? Is it nothing to get worried about? Am I just paranoid...
  5. V

    AHCI disabled and IDE legacy mode set upon Vista installation...oops...

    As the title describes, I installed Vista as soon as I first powered up my machine, and I installed everything on it the way I like it. But later on, I noticed that AHCI was disabled by default and IDE legacy mode was set. Oops....Ugh. So what kind of hole did I dig myself into here? Is it...
  6. V

    Intel X38-DQ6 X38 heatsink mounting pressure?

    Oh, also. can optical drive vibration loosen the screws I used? I noticed when playing an audio disc on my DVD-ROM that the whole case shook considerably since the drive speed up at full speed (for some reason) while playing the disc.
  7. V

    Q6600 owners... what is your VID?

    G0 1.2875
  8. V

    Intel X38-DQ6 X38 heatsink mounting pressure?

    Yeah, it seems to have a true IHS just like a processor's. The X38 chipset's IHS looks more like an AMD socket 939/AM2 processor heatspreader than an Intel LGA heatspreader though. This link has a picture of the X38 chipset with the heatsink removed: Link So the chipset solder contacts below...
  9. V

    Intel X38-DQ6 X38 heatsink mounting pressure?

    Since I installed a Zalman CNPS9500 on my X38-DQ6, I had to remove the Crazy Cool backplate heatsink. But doing this, I had to grab two supplied screws to mount the chipset heatsink part of the heatpipe system that came with the motherboard. But since one of the spring loaded screws turned...
  10. V

    Motherboard flexing with stock Q6600 heatsink installation

    Yeah, I did everything out of the case. So when I flex the motherboard, it can stay permanently bent because of it, or are you talking about the weight of the heatsink on the motherboard when everything is installed and screwed in? When I installed the heatsink, even my hands shook because...
  11. V

    Motherboard flexing with stock Q6600 heatsink installation

    I just built a system with Gigabyte x38-DQ6 and a Q6600 G0 stepping processor. But something about the building process left me worried: Getting the heatsink on the motherboard was hard, HARD. I didn't want to believe installing a heatsink could be this difficult and time consuming. As I had...
  12. V

    What X38 would you get?

    Is there really anything outright bad with Gigabyte's GA-X38-DQ6? Other than the O.C. issue mentioned a while back? I'm looking for reliability and stability here. Being able to OC is a plus, but if the system isn't stable while trying to push a high OC, I guess I won't push it too hard then...
  13. V

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    What? Are you checking the embedded date punch on the photo? I never set the date on my camera. That photo was taken last week. If you think about it like that, How come I have a Wii on January 25th, 2006, when the Wii didn't release in NA till November 19th, 2006. And about the desk: I don't...
  14. V

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    Yeah. It looks a bit blurry, and the colors don't stand out as much as they do at 1920x1200. But that's to be expected from 480p on this monitor. But the one complaint I have is that the image isn't properly displayed in 16:9 mode. It's stretched vertically to fit the 16:10 screen. I heard...
  15. V

    Fudged Vista Boot Manager/Loader on 750GB HDD?

    I ordered a WD 750GB drive from newegg, and when it arrived I installed it and installed Vista on it. But I noticed something weird with how my system boots Vista on this HDD. As the motherboard loads the hard drive. It checks twice with a blank screen. The first time it takes only half a...
Back
Top