Recent content by vagabond102

  1. V

    Activision: Destiny 2: Forsaken "Under-Performed," Core Player Base Hasn’t Reengaged

    I enjoyed D1 until the story ended and I did strikes until my nose bled. D2 seems to be what D1 should have been. D2 should have a polished story line, but doesn't. It's better than D1, though. Other things are certainly annoying. After you complete the quest line, it tells you to basically...
  2. V

    Microsoft Acquires RPG Developers Obsidian Entertainment and inXile

    The problem is, if it's a publicly traded company, if the offer MS made was "in the shareholders best interest", then they are pretty much legally required to sell. So far as I understand it, anyway, but I really could be talking out my arse.
  3. V

    NVIDIA Starts Disinformation GPP Campaign

    Not sure what to do about and vid card now. I won't buy Nvidia, but I'm not an AMD fan. Sigh.
  4. V

    Ray-Traced Games Coming This Year

    It doesn't matter what the cards can do, I'm not spending more on a video card than I would on an entire new PC build. Period. Until this GPU fiasco is resolved, I'm not building a new computer. If I have to go without, so be it. It's called restraint, heh.
  5. V

    Bloke Sues Microsoft: Give Me $600M, or My Copy of Windows 7 Back

    I have built thousands of PC and upgraded/updated tens of thousands, and I never witnessed Win10 installing itself. I have also supported tablets and Windows OS professionally and never seen it. I have had complaints about it, but investigations indicated the user made choices without even...
  6. V

    Hawaii Emergency Management Password Found In Press Photo

    I'm all about security, as I've seen entire facilities shut down due to peoples lack of concern for it. (One is an employee allowing someone to tailgate into an access controlled area, and they promptly walked off with a PC with PII on it, I was blamed as I was responsible for locking machines...
  7. V

    Hawaii Emergency Management Password Found In Press Photo

    Then I am glad you are not my administrator. One thing I've learned in 25 years in tech/IT is that no matter how much I learn or think I know, I know absolutely nothing. If you think you can protect a system connected to a network completely, you are sadly mistaken. As far as the sticky...
  8. V

    Games Could Be Hit Hard by Net Neutrality’s Death

    Guess I'll just have to grow up and get out of the house.
  9. V

    Amazon Developing The Lord of the Rings Multi Season Television Show

    I'm open to it, so long as it doesn't turn out butchered like The Sword of Truth/The Legend of the Seeker...
  10. V

    Sonic Drive-In Possibly Breached

    Quite often, actually. Thing is, I'm not messing with other peoples lives. I've had the misfortune to have gone through real fraud and identity theft. Still paying for it a decade later. I've also worked for a fortune 500 company in IT and saw first hand and example of exactly what you...
  11. V

    Sonic Drive-In Possibly Breached

    Time to go fucking cash only again. No one seems to care this is happening...just provide credit monitoring and people will be ok with it and move on. Why aren't we suing these companies? Why isn't our government going after them? Why isn't there a HUGE outcry from the populous? Just doesn't...
  12. V

    Destiny 2 Official PC Open Beta Trailer

    That's another topic...I'm also done testing games for companies for free.
  13. V

    Destiny 2 Official PC Open Beta Trailer

    Won't touch the game until it's out and I can read about it first. The first one, while looking good and good mechanics, failed in the story and gameplay for me. I got bored so fast. You can only run so many of the same instances. No, this time I want the potential confirmed first. Not going...
  14. V

    MoviePass Is Dropping Subscription Fees to $10 a Month

    Saw a link someone posted in their FAQ for the lookup: https://www.moviepass.com/register/map?zip=10024
  15. V

    Surface Laptop Owners Can Now Go Back to W10 S after Upgrading to W10 Pro

    Keeping in mind that this device is not marketed toward the audience here. It's great for those that need reliability such as students and those that just want to have a stable platform that is virus/malware/etc resistant and more difficult for them to flub up. Doing tech support for tablets...
Back
Top