A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
NO.. i just wanted to see how HDD regenerator handles bad sectors of the drive alone. I will do the full format now .. is writing zeros different than windows full format?
rather i would use the opportunity to learn.. i used HDD regenerator prior to formatting the drive and many damaged blocks have disappeared.. i need to know how to put the remaining bad ones in a separate partition and never access them.
I tested it with WD lifeguard and the quick test stopped in few seconds and "failed".
I will try formatting it then. should i write zeros to whole drive or just use windows and then use HDD regenerator on it?
I'm not sure if i write zeros everywhere then all the partitions will be gone and bad...
ah sry my bad i thought i put it there..i updated the post.
so how many spare area you think i am left with? it looks like 122X15 = 1830MB is in damaged blocks.
If simple read/write would work then i shud just start coping data to my drive? and then retest it? also i shud monitor...
I accidently dropped my WD 320GB elements then it wasnt running smoothly so i backup everything and slowly it died atlast. so i gave it for repair to a local guy who made it work somehow.
When i plugged it in PC, windows installed drivers for it and then it quickly showed up with all my data on...