• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by user99

  1. U

    Dell U2312HM--Manufacturing defect or not? Need advice

    Thanks, and thanks to everyone above as well. After using it for a couple of days, the bleed or whatever it is is pretty extreme in that corner, to the point that it bugs me. So I'm going to take a shot at getting a better one. I hear Dell's customer service is pretty helpful, so hopefully...
  2. U

    Dell U2312HM--Manufacturing defect or not? Need advice

    Very similar in terms of the odd glow / contrast issue in the corner?
  3. U

    Dell U2312HM--Manufacturing defect or not? Need advice

    Well, I've been having trouble with a lot of my recent tech purchases. (Is nothing made well now? I don't get it.) My laptop has actually been in limbo for a total of probably two or three months as a result of RMA process shenanigans. It's probably been sent back and forth six or seven times in...
  4. U

    Dell U2312HM--Manufacturing defect or not? Need advice

    Thanks everyone. In the OP I mentioned, I meant that when viewing with my eyes aligned to about the center of the screen, the silver tint muddies dark details in that corner. But when I move my head to that corner, or move a few feet away from the display, it seems less significant. It also...
  5. U

    Dell U2312HM--Manufacturing defect or not? Need advice

    That's a shame... thanks for the heads-up. Could it be anything else, other than backlight bleed? I ask because I've owned a few tablets which had backlight bleed and it looked a bit different than this. This reminds me of the IPS "glow" that you see when viewing dark colors from extreme angles...
  6. U

    Dell U2312HM--Manufacturing defect or not? Need advice

    Hi everyone. I just received my U2312HM in the mail and I'm wondering if a silvery-blue "sheen" or "tint" in the bottom-right corner of my display is a manufacturing defect or just an unfortunate characteristic of these particular displays. Below are four pictures of what I'm seeing. It's...
Back
Top