• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by uniten

  1. U

    stock and other Intel CPU cooler design

    umm..yes...its not like I plan to overclock this pc because it will be used for virtualization (i7 2600), that said this mounting design is also used in custom coolers too unfortunately. I had to once Install the ASUS Triton 78 and it was a real pain :/..I mean look at the size of that thing...
  2. U

    stock and other Intel CPU cooler design

    Well I am at least glad its not just me...I thought I might be going crazy, cause I agree Intel has some of the greatest engineers in the industry. So I thought maybe I was missing something :/ I understand them wanting to cut down on materials but as I said I can probably thing of over 1000...
  3. U

    stock and other Intel CPU cooler design

    Ok, I have put together a few computers the past few years, by coincidence they happened to be Intel, so I don't know about AMD side of things. But every time I put together a PC this question keeps popping into my head and I was wondering if it was just me... So I am interested in what...
  4. U

    Remote FX rig

    Ok, this sucks...apparently even though windows multipoint server 2011 is windows 2008 R2 it won't let it install Windows Media Services for Windows 2008 :/...after reading around it seems Windows Media Services is very version specific...so much that even international versions of Windows 2008...
  5. U

    Remote FX rig

    Yeah, with TechNet you get windows 7 thin clients for free and I think multipoint server too(not sure) As for muti-monitors it might be a little tricky but who knows. You should check these out: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=18482...
  6. U

    Remote FX rig

    You don't need that much ram. Keep in mind the resources are shared, unless your expecting all 20 clients to play crysis simultaneously. Microsoft recommendation for 15-20 clients that do "Productivity plus: Frequent video use by all users" CPU: 4C+MT or 8C RAM: 8 GB As for GPU...
  7. U

    Remote FX rig

    RemoteFX is RDP 7.1. When you use it you need to get 1 CAL per client. If you mean using windows 7 as a host machine, I think windows 7 is limited to 1 RemoteFX connection.
  8. U

    Remote FX rig

    I see, just trying to figure out why it would be so slow to move windows around. I mean microsoft advertises that 10mbps(stable) should be enough bandwidth and latency below 20ms. Wireless G aside your 100mbps connection should be plenty to run RemoteFX lag free :/ what I am trying to do...
  9. U

    Remote FX rig

    I just bought all my pieces yesterday....got a bunch of nice deals... 257$ - i7 2600 (yeah I decided to go with the i7 for hyper threading) 220$ - XFX 6950 2gb - newegg had a nice deal +20$ back from mastercard makes it 200$ ;) 060$ - mb - H67 - Decided to go with this one over the Z68 as I...
  10. U

    Motherboard LEDs. Get rid of them?

    I don't see a reason to damage your board like that. Why not just take black electric tape and cover them? Edit: I guess jojo69 beat me to it :/
  11. U

    Lowest idle power motherboard for i5 2500k?

    Anyone know what is the lowest power motherboard while idle is for a i5 2500k? Form factor is irrelevant but it needs to have have 2 PCI-Express slots. One x16 for the GPU and another one can be x1/x4/x8/x16. It also should have a gigabit Ethernet.
  12. U

    Remote FX rig

    According to Microsoft it seems that way: "In addition to the previous video memory table, Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 has been tested for up to 12 virtual machines per GPU, for a total of 24 virtual machines on two physical GPUs, providing the necessary dedicated video memory. This...
  13. U

    Remote FX rig

    Yeah I saw that, as for resource management..not sure :/..by the looks of the diagram it since more clients are not increasing in double the size it looks like resources are shared rather then dedicated but this may be a matter of configuration. No, you don't..as long as you have the drivers...
  14. U

    Remote FX rig

    ati 6950, what a coincidence..did you read that forum thread in the video card forum? lol Though I am going for 2GB since I am gonna need at least 8 clients, and going Intel way here :/..Intel Core i5-2500K or Intel Core i7-2600K (basing my rig based on idle power consumption while having...
  15. U

    How NOT to treat customers...XFX

    I never tried XFX warranty but I did an MSI warranty for laptops, and it was pretty bad. The laptop fried and it took them over 2 months to get me the laptop back. When the laptop came back it seemed ok, though 1 month later I try the speakers and they don't work(I was using headsets for the...
Back
Top