Recent content by uniden009

  1. U

    Seagate 4TB Vs WD 3TB Red (can't decide)

    I cannot find anywhere anyone has been denied a seagate warranty claim for exceeding the power on specification, while inside the warranty period. It seems like a 3 year warranty is really a 3 year warranty. Also I would think they would have to advertise it like cars, 3 years or 2400 power on...
  2. U

    Seagate 4TB Vs WD 3TB Red (can't decide)

    I have good luck with Seagate product lines. I have 17 of the 1.5TB 7200rpm drives, and most had the bad firmware that had to be upgraded, and one had smart predicted to fail, and was replaced by Seagate. I also have 19 of the 3 TB 7200 rpm models, and no issues to date. The 3TB are about...
  3. U

    mdadm RAID 5 problem

    Sunit and swidth can be adjust with mount/fstab options. Agcount can not. http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_User_Guide//tmp/en-US/html/ch05s05.html I just wanted to stress to check the default settings, after file system creation. Some are adjustable, some are not, and the defaults can...
  4. U

    mdadm RAID 5 problem

    I would like to share a lesson that I learned with XFS on logical volumes. Make sure you follow the xfs.org faq and manually set the agcount, sunit and swidth option at creation, when using it with a logical volume. While its true the defaults are fine when using the mdadm device directly, the...
Back
Top