A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
What do you use to admin smb shares/users/permissions/ACLs?
My primary goal - opensolaris for storage, secondary one - host DLNA server for media streaming.
Thanks for your help.
Never mind. NexentaStor 3.0.4 supports linux zone, it is just not installed by default. Everything is up and...
Would you be able to let me know what distribution of opensolaris b134 you are running?
I am looking for a opensolaris release with support for lunix BrandZ zone (to run TwonkyServer on solaris machine).
Nexenta for some reason does not include support for linux brandz zone type.
Never mind...
Good point,
I tried FreeBSD 8.2, but it refused to install from my USB CD-ROM drive. I used OpenIndiana LiveDVD to boot, download updated zpool and re-created my pool with "block-size 4096 -o version=26" overrides. then I rebooted back to NexentaStor and was able to import new raidz1 pool with...
Do you use any UPS to protect the data?
I have a few APC and Cyber Power and tried to use NUT ups monitoring tool, but it would error out on all of them even the ones on the support list. It aways "device id does not match error"
Big thanks!!! I loaded NexentaStor Community Edition 3.0.4 and built-in Broadcom runs at full GB speed and at the same speed as Windows 7: ~100MB/s for SMB. This is great news for me. I did not tested Intel yet, but it would be even better...
uServer arrived yesterday, so are the parts 2x4GB Kingston ECC(KTH-PL313E/4G) + IBM ServeRAID BR10i + Intel PRO/1000 Pt server NIC.
It took some effort to fit all of these stuff together. Some modifications were mandatory (uServer was not modified though). The only outstanding item is...