Recent content by UmbraSprite

  1. U

    Need help with monitor upgrade

    Looks like I get ~45-55 FPS in Eve Online and 55-75 in FarCry2. I am trying to think what I have that might put it? Arkham Asylum? What FPS do you think is a good target?
  2. U

    Need help with monitor upgrade

    Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend a good benchmark tool? I want to measure what I am getting now in terms of frame rates so I can estimate the hit I would take. Of course a GPU upgrade is always an option as well I was just concerned that the new cards wouldn't fit my MB/power supply.
  3. U

    Need help with monitor upgrade

    No one?
  4. U

    Need help with monitor upgrade

    Current System: Monitor: ViewSonic VP912b (19") Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @2.67 GHz MB: ACPI x64 Memory: 6gb GPU: 2 x GTX 260 (SLI) I am thinking to upgrade to a 27" AH-IPS at 1920 x 1080. (such as http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-i2757fh-viewsonic-vx2770smh-ah-ips,3385.html) I...
  5. U

    You CAN drink FluidXP and not die. *cringe*

    Some of this stuff has made its way past my lips as well. It tastes really sweet...but nothing I will go back for seconds of. As for toxicity etc....nothing to worry about with FluidXP. There is another story on their site about a cat/dog who drank a mess of it...and is still doing great...
  6. U

    Overclocking...so far (E6600)

    We have almost the same exact system. I am not seeing performance anywhere near as good as you are however. I can't get a boot over 3.4 without a 1.51V core. Once I am at that point I can boot all the way up to 3.8 or so. Not stable in 3Dmark06 with those settings however. The best I...
  7. U

    Quick e6600 question...

    You got that clock on the lowest Vcore setting??!!!??
  8. U

    Experiences with Striker Extreme Bios 0701 and 0802

    Hope I got those numbers correct.... I am running 0701 stable and was wondering what experiences others have had with these two bios versions....
  9. U

    Need some help 1st OC....E6600/Striker

    Alright....he is how I ended up. Been pretty stable however I did lock up in Hero's of Might and Magic V last night. Just download the file...its a wordpad shot of the screen. http://www.phoenixascent.com/images/MarrowsStorage/3.555Final.rtf Let me know what you think, Thanks!
  10. U

    Need some help 1st OC....E6600/Striker

    Tried to get a photo of my settings but put the file in a text document instead :rolleyes: I will either link the file or list the settings I ended up with later tonight. So far the current settings at 3.55 seem stable. Memtest 86+ runs clean, as do super pi x2. Aquamark is good and...
  11. U

    Need some help 1st OC....E6600/Striker

    Those are just the timings it auto sets when I plug in the mem speed. Those are the minimum voltages for the CPU I have found allow me into windows at 401 FSB or above. Like I said though....the actuals are coming no where near the set. FSB and SPP voltage I have left on Auto. I will...
  12. U

    Need some help 1st OC....E6600/Striker

    Here's the latest.... Seems like I can get into windows up to around 410 FSB using 1.52v however stability is the question. I haven't been able to get Orthos to run anywhere over 360FSB. I started playing with other tests just for kicks. I am able to complete Sandra "burn in" tests or...
  13. U

    Filter for fans on rad to keep down dust?

    Mine all have runs! ;)
  14. U

    Filter for fans on rad to keep down dust?

    Thanks guys....problem solved!!! :D
  15. U

    Need some help 1st OC....E6600/Striker

    I have that printed and read some time ago and I believe Dan said he got better results not following it but I am open to trying whatever..... Getting ready to call it a night so here was my last: FSB: 360 Mhz: 3240 CPUv: Auto (CPUZ reads 1.248) Mem: 332.3 13:12 Temps: 52 load Ended up...
Back
Top