Recent content by Tyler Troglen

  1. T

    AMD RX Vega 64 Eclipses Polaris in Ethereum Mining Efficiency by 2X

    It ended up actually being more like 248 watts. Just goes to show how wrong software can be "We tried to use identical settings to the tester (mining drivers were used): 1000MHz core at 1000mV, 1100MHz Memory, and -25 Power Limit. We were easily able to get the 43.5 mHash/s rate that the tester...
  2. T

    The Cost of HBM2 vs. GDDR5 Memory

    Why would they need a 512bit bus? 1080 ti on a 352 bit bus has the same memory bandwidth as the vega 64
  3. T

    NVIDIA 384.76 Drivers Quietly Enable UHD Netflix on Pascal

    I switched to an insider build a couple months ago to try this out. Guess they finally released it, now it's time to go back to non insider builds http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4457/~/preview-of-4k-uhd-netflix-content-on-nvidia-gpus
  4. T

    Post your Ryzen memory speeds!

    No its 4x8. My heatsink blocks ram slot 1 so i can't use 2 of the sticks atm. Yeah i was very worried that the ram wouldn't work at higher speeds because it wasn't even listed on the QVL. I've had 0 issues with the ram so far. Actually the only issue ive had so far was related to my case (...
  5. T

    1700x strange overclock

    I did a test with Handbrake, it seems to slow the timing down by about 20%. Handbrake showed 7m 36s but the actual time was 9m 6s. It was spot on after a reboot
  6. T

    1700x strange overclock

    I'll look and see if it has that option (haven't looked yet)
  7. T

    1700x strange overclock

    I have, it is for sure the Sleep bug. I guess the question i need to ask is, if its not really running that speed why does every single benchmark show higher scores? Tested Handbrake and Deus Ex also, both show an increase. Can any benchmark truly be trusted
  8. T

    Post your Ryzen memory speeds!

    Asrock x370 Taichi (Beta bios 1.55) RYZEN 1700X Cosair Vengence LED blue 3000Mhz CMU32GX4M2C3000C15B Runnning at 2933Mhz 16-17-17-35-69 1T @1.35
  9. T

    1700x strange overclock

    I recently got my 1700X build completed. I have overclocked it to 4Ghz but in windows it is running much higher according to task manager and benchmarks. While running benchmarks task manager shows a speed of 4.6-4.68Ghz. Benchmarks reflect that speed also. anyone else seeing anything similar...
Back
Top