• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by twin_savage

  1. T

    How much RAM you got?

    My main compute rig has 128GB of CPU L4 backed by 384GB of DDR5, only 384GB is addressable though.
  2. T

    Toms: Phison CEO sounds the alarm.

    They're going to have to be really careful about how they do this. Their production costs are higher than the big 3's for DRAM and if a lot of their capacity come online right when the DRAM market tanks, like it has after the end of every cycle for the past 30 years, it could greatly damage the...
  3. T

    Bartlett Lake LGA1700 Q3 2025

    oooh, this is going to be a missed opportunity if true (which kind of makes sense since it's embedded). I'm trying to think of the last embedded Intel CPU that was unlocked, I know there use to be some.
  4. T

    Bartlett Lake LGA1700 Q3 2025

    Passmark's scores aren't really meaningful until there a good number of samples for a given processor, and to their credit they say that score has a high margin of error. I'd expect this to perform just like a RPL at the same frequency, but even better at OC'ing since they dumped the e-cores...
  5. T

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    A came across a bug in FW 1.66 on the ARC-1886; it can't initialize more than 20 dual LUN HDDs and hangs. Upgrading to 1.73 fixed the issue. I went full OCD on my last tower build with HDD mounting and used grommets for each drive:
  6. T

    WD Blue HDD 12TB, 7200RPM CMR 12TBWD120EAGZ - any reviews for this?

    This isn't a helium drive so it will be louder and hotter than the typical helium filled hdds at this size. 512MB cache tells me its a drive of newer design so I'd expect performance to be good.
  7. T

    Fan bracket adapter to convert 200mm fan mount to 140mm fan mount?

    This is very to easy to do with a 3d printer; there's even freely available 140mm>200mm fan adapter models on the internet to print if you don't feel like modeling it yourself. If you don't have a 3d printer there are people on the various etsy-esque sites selling the printed adapter but in my...
  8. T

    Current situation of 180mm fans for the case is really bad

    It does at the top, I could have sworn Fractal's site mentioned this. I actually ended up buying a north xl to try and run a dual 180mm radiator at the top but the flimsiness of the case bothered me so much I ended up getting another 180mm fan case.
  9. T

    Current situation of 180mm fans for the case is really bad

    The AP181 is a sleeve bearing. I can attest to it's less than perfect reliability, all of them that came with my SS FT05 case have eventually died over the decade I've had it. Silverstone's got a couple dozen other cases that support 180mm fans throughout the years; and the Fractal North XL and...
  10. T

    Current situation of 180mm fans for the case is really bad

    I recently-ish had to buy four 180mm fans to put in a case and I ended up with the AP183s because they were the highest performance one I could get my hands on due to the lack of AP182 availability. I'd love to upgrade my system to something better if it were available as well. This is...
  11. T

    Are AMD CPUs easier to cool than Intel CPUs because of their square IHS?

    Yes, AMD's IHS is ~50% thicker than Intel's making them harder to keep cool since there is so much thermal resistance to get the heat out; it kind of "drowns out" the performance advantages of an AIO on the AMD platform as compared to Intel which can more efficiently remove heat.
  12. T

    Has Intel Abandoned the HEDT Market?

    The latency on the latest RDIMM Intel HEDT platform is pretty decent, I'm able to get into the low 80ns range with some particularly hard to drive 64GB RDIMMs (this is before we had 32gb dies keep in mind): Others with lighter dual rank configurations and especially single ranked were able...
  13. T

    Are AMD CPUs easier to cool than Intel CPUs because of their square IHS?

    I'd say they're harder due to the very high thickness of the IHS plus the high power density of the devices underneath the IHS.
  14. T

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    Yeah, when I attach the SAS mach.2 to a normal Broadcom HBA they show up as two separate 7TB drives; that has me curious what would happen if I create a Pass-Through Disk on the Arcea controller of the mach.2. The reason I'm even playing with this is that I thought I would have to individually...
  15. T

    Fastest Windows drive pooling solution?

    I should clarify I'm talking about unfragmented RAIDZ with as many VDEVs as is optimal among a reasonable amount of HDDs (<36) and not mirroring and no compression or dedupe; The bottleneck in ZFS read performance seems to be a product of the RMW loop being so far away from the HDDs/SSDs and the...
Back
Top