Recent content by tungt88

  1. T

    MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced!

    Started a new playthough a few days ago specifically for Shadow of Kerensky: despite a few amusing bugs (Clan weapons being awarded as prizes from Arena rank-ups, Rifles being burst-fire only, and others), it's a lot of fun, and I'm definitely looking forward to the Clans giving my crew a rude...
  2. T

    AMD continues runaway sales of RX 9070 XT as gap widens to Nvidia, according to large retailer

    Only good and/or sure way re: MicroCenter is to hit up the local Microcenter Discord for your specific region ... I did that for up-to-date info when I got my RX 6700 XT in 2021 (release day), and again this past March on release day for my RX 9700 XT. The Microcenter website is always slow...
  3. T

    AMD FSR 4 Confirmed to Have Been Co-Developed with Sony

    Update: no luck, Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition KTDs me repeatedly when I use OptiScaler (attempts to load game, then KTDs me with an error message). Good news is, no other issues except that the BugTrap error message appears, informing me that it detected a crash. I'm running my new 9070 XT.
  4. T

    AMD FSR 4 Confirmed to Have Been Co-Developed with Sony

    Haven't (re)installed Exodus yet, but I'll give it a whirl (probably tomorrow, when I have time).
  5. T

    It's Official - AMD RX 9070 Starting @ $549 and 9070 XT @ $599

    Depends on where those MC stores were located -- at the local MC I went to for my 9070 XT, it was low 50s and a bit humid (due to rain the day before) with some soft puffs of wind. Not at all bad, not even at 6am in the morning (on the line outside), and by 7:30am, the sun was out in a big way...
  6. T

    It's Official - AMD RX 9070 Starting @ $549 and 9070 XT @ $599

    From everything I've heard and read about, Euro stores are greedy as $uck ... literally (even taking into account VAT, additional taxes, store overhead charges, etc). They take the idea of "gaming is a pure leisure activity, and pure leisure = luxury, and luxury = expensive" VERY SERIOUSLY, and...
  7. T

    It's Official - AMD RX 9070 Starting @ $549 and 9070 XT @ $599

    I'm sure that some (even many) of us already know "the basics" of what I'm about to post below (Reddit comments from the Microcenter subreddit), but for those that don't -- -------------- Comment 1 How many people do you think there were trying to purchase these cards online in that 10 minutes...
  8. T

    It's Official - AMD RX 9070 Starting @ $549 and 9070 XT @ $599

    Besides the online bots, there were definitely scalpers on line at the MC stores: the diligent guys on the various MC discords were quick to hit up the scalpers' usual ad sites and gave us the heads-up. But from what I personally saw (and read about on the Microcenter subreddit & the various MC...
  9. T

    AMD Radeon RX 9070 XT Reviews

    Microcenter is very slow at updating their stock online, so YMMV (best to head over there -- the sooner the better: and don't get your hopes up too high for the MSRP models -- those were the first to go dry in most of the MCs around my neck of the woods). Edit: just checked the local MC Discord...
  10. T

    It's Official - AMD RX 9070 Starting @ $549 and 9070 XT @ $599

    Yep; after the original AMD stockpiles of cards over the last few months runs out in a few days, the tariffs hit the prices, big time. It's why I took the day off of work today (and tomorrow) to get myself locked in to getting the card I wanted, at the reasonable MSRP price.
  11. T

    It's Official - AMD RX 9070 Starting @ $549 and 9070 XT @ $599

    I lined up at my local Microcenter earlier today (6am) and got a Powercolor Reaper RX 9070 XT @ MSRP ... everyone who got on the (physical) line before the 9am store opening was able to get a 9070 XT -- from the various subreddits and the local MC Discord for local stores in my area, it looks...
  12. T

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Founders Edition Review - The New Flagship

    According to the unofficial Microcenter Discord, there were a few 5090s today at their Brooklyn location (apparently they got a shipment in either earlier today, or yesterday) ... the guy who confirmed it bought an Astral. Others are saying that other locations got a few 5090s as well (they...
  13. T

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Founders Edition Review - The New Flagship

    The MicroCenter closest to me did have a very late (as in 6am earlier today) shipment of 5080s that came in via UPS (had like 20-24, forgot the exact number), but no 5090s, yeah. I don't think that's a MicroCenter issue; that's more like Jensen wanting to generate tons of hype for the 5090, also...
  14. T

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Founders Edition Review - The New Flagship

    Pulled from the MicroCenter Discord re: Scalper markups --
  15. T

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Founders Edition Review - The New Flagship

    It's free hype for NVIDIA (esp. the all-but-paper launch of 5090s) -- from the look of things, more social media influencers (including guys who barely know what a computer is) got 5090s instead of normal consumers; not like Jensen is really worried about us lowly peasant gamers nowadays. He's...
Back
Top