Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
For any future folks with the same problem, consider getting a can of flux remover or flux cleaner. It is usually very similar to the spray cleaners for electronics which one or two earlier posters mentioned.
Flux remover is made to remove the residual solder flux from boards and parts...
All the fans listed by folks here have received good reviews over at silentpcreview.com. It's hard to go wrong with any of those choices.
Just chiming in so you don't get confused by all the choices folks have offered.
Keep in mind that it is much more difficult to quiet down an 80 mm...
I have five heat sinks on hand from a...well it's irrelevant why I have them. I have five heat sinks and would appreciate opinions on which would be the best choice to use. I suspect that in my case it doesn't actually make a lot of difference, but I can't seem to decide.
The five are...
I don't know if they will rerun the special, nor if the OP has a Frys near them, but the case mentioned above was $55 at Frys about a month ago. Frys does tend to rerun the same specials over and over, much of the time.
I was shopping for a case and PS at the time, and the NSK6580 with...
The MSI P45 neo3-FR has a $20 rebate right now and I think through the end of July. So, assuming the rebate materializes, it is only $5 more than the other board you were considering.
I would spend a little more on the hard drive and get a 500 GB Seagate drive from frys.com for $80. It's 3X...
The ADC (video card side) to DVI (display side) adapter is about $35. Here is one link:
http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/a-drb-0136-addv?src=g
The adapter which is $99 is to go from a DVI connector on the computer to an ADC connector on an Apple display. But if you need to go from ADC...
There are plenty of boards with few or no PCI slots. It's nice that MSI and Gigabyte build a few boards with more PCI slots for the few people who want/need them.
In my case, I'm building a MythTV system and want four tuner cards. The best tuner card value for me was the Kworld 115 PCI...