Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
It's too early to compare the issues if one particular display from company A with another that does not exist yet and may not use DP1.2 from company B. So for now, Acer's model has no issues at all.
Weird, I don't see any autoadjust in TCF, other than the calibration itself. However sometimes there is one (I presume it's the brightness, maybe color temperature, adjustment that you are talking about) in the software of the calibrator, x-rite has it, but I don't think that would work with LG...
You lose what functionality? Normally once it's calibrated you don't need the TCF to be running or even being installed...until the next calibration that is.
What autoadjust? I don't recall seeing this in TCF.
All you needed to do is unplug other displays from your card for the 6 minutes the calibration takes and you were done. Not most practical or obvious thing but clearly takes less time than any customer service call.