Recent content by Toboggan

  1. T

    Would a modern CRT make any sense?

    What could possible improvements be? Higher resolutions? Larger displays? Higher refresh rates? Sharper picture with higher refresh rates? Greater contrast? I've used a couple LaCie CRT's that have modes which seemed to push the contrast higher than other CRT's I've had do and to me the...
  2. T

    Would a modern CRT make any sense?

    With the right people there could be improvements, two decades is quite awhile, and fresh minds thinking about how to expand and enhance old tech could yield something worthwhile, but it would take a major investment.
  3. T

    Nintendo Switch 2 arrives June 5th, 2025

    If you have any interest in homebrew or system hacking getting a launch console is always a good idea.
  4. T

    Nintendo Switch 2 arrives June 5th, 2025

    DK:Bananza looks like the only game worth buying to me so far. Mario Kart looks and feels like it's MK8 recycled, not a decades long update. As something someone else pointed out, re-releasing major titles seems a bit of a money grab, they don't look much better to my eye and if the system is...
  5. T

    The Nintendo Switch 2 Thread

    $500 for the new Mario Kart? Hmmmm, the drive everywhere seems like a stupid thing to tout as a feature for the game, who cares? $80 for the game by itself? Does this mean other first party games are going to be a major gouge too? The Mario Kart formula hasn't changed really ever, as...
  6. T

    It Might Be Time to Admit the Great VR Experiment Has Failed

    I've said it before and I'm saying it again, people, including myself, don't like putting shit on their face.
  7. T

    Half-Life 2 RTX

    Kinda sounds a bit bloated and taxing for what it actually is.
  8. T

    Windows 11 Market Share Keeps Declining

    I disliked Windows 11 so much I switched back to Windows 7 for a retro system as my daily driver. I didn't particularly care for Windows 10 either, something about adopting it at work before I had upgraded at home kind of ruined it for me. I always feel like I'm following the job every time...
  9. T

    New Nvidia drivers

    "Blackwell"
  10. T

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I've only got VGA to DP so I won't be able to test this for you guys, sorry
  11. T

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I have a Radeon VII, but I'm on windows 7. If you let me know how I can help to check I'll try to get it figured out
  12. T

    Deadlock (Valve's next game)

    The game has been crashing for me after it starts loading maps for a few months now, meaning I currently can't invite people anymore
  13. T

    Epic Games Store

    Many yes, but most aren't and the ones that are have been repeated multiple times
  14. T

    Epic Games Store

    The free games they give away that are totally worth everyone's time
Back
Top