Recent content by Tilius

  1. T

    Best Air cooler for GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

    Just for the record: Just as I was about the buy the H100, I was able to try the Noctua NH-D14 without buying it and it fits nicely with low profile rams. I was also able to change my rams for low profile, so I bought the NH-D14. It covers all 4 rams slots, so I'll have to remove the cooler if...
  2. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    I finally bought the HAF X. I was also able to change my rams for the low profile version, so I bought a Noctua NH-D14. It fits wonderfully. I've checked the documentation of my motherboard and the fans must use 1 amp or less and 12 volts. The fans on the NH-D14 have an input power of 1.2...
  3. T

    Best Air cooler for GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

    Thanks guys. I would have preferred air cooling, but you told me exactly what I wanted to know.
  4. T

    Best Air cooler for GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

    Hi, I've got a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard and I was wondering what was the best air cooler that would fit on this motherboard. To complicate things a little bit, I've got 2 dimms of Corsair Vengeance. For those who don't know, the CPU and RAMs are really close. The case is not important...
  5. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    Thanks again for the infos. I was asking about the fan just in case I wanted to try two fans with the cooler as I think I'll go with the Hyper 212+. I was thinking it's better to have two fans than just one, but I'll probably start with 1 fan and add another one later if I feel the need. As...
  6. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    Another question. When you place a second fan on the cooler, can you use a splitter to have both fans plugged at the same place on the motherboard or is it necessary to have two plugs? Thanks
  7. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    Thanks for the links. I found them full of good infos. I realized that I had missed that the usb3 cable on the Thor v2 as to go outside of the case, something I don't want. Thanks grausch for the advice on the fans. I was considering this also. I don't want to have to buy many fans with a...
  8. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    Okay, so I've checked for cases. I chose to ignore the idea of modding my case as I'm not confident enough in my abilities to make something that I'll be happy with. ;) So, I've looked around and I've found these cases that seem all good and I like their look: Corsair 400R or 500R Cooler...
  9. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    Thanks all for your answers. I'll have some research to do to find a new case. From what I understand now about air flow (thanks dragonstongue), even if I get another fan, it won't probably be enough and my power supply will get too much hot air.
  10. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    Darn. I would have hoped to keep that case as it fits nicely on my desk. I cannot place the computer under because of a heated air vent. You're right about the coolers. It seems that I won't be able to place a cooler that is more than 130mm. Let's say I keep the case (which I'm not sure...
  11. T

    How to get good air flow with my case?

    I'm planning on overclocking my computer soon and going crossfire and I want to have proper airflow. I don’t know much about air flow and overclocking. I chose component that would make overclocking easy and if it wasn’t for my case, I would be less concerned about air flow. I know it’s not...
Back
Top