Recent content by ThierryC

  1. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Thanks for the answer. Yes, DVB is the protocol which is used in my country. There is a few possible providers with different solutions (DVB-C or T, DSL, some "mix", ...). My current cable service doesn't necessarily come with an external box (they inject DVB-T type of signal through the...
  2. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Thanks for the good questions cvgd! No, I would prefer to be able to switch off my computer when watching TV (when not doing something on my computer in the same time...). I live in Europe so I think I do not have access to Netflix and the like anyway. Besides, my computer is a laptop; no...
  3. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Not enough room. It's as simple as that.
  4. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Thanks for your answers! Thank you Denis for this clarification. However, I'm now confused: what should I deduced from your input given my situation? Thanks for this advice lawless2142, but it seems to me PS3 —despite its processing quality I also heard of— is not a suitable choice for me...
  5. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Thanks for your answer. It depends. :D If the device does what I need it for and does it well, I'm willing to pay what it deserves. As an example, I'm not willing to pay 1000 $ for DVDO Duo since I will pay for lot of features I don't need (e.g., many inputs, output to 2 screens), while in the...
  6. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Does anyone have an idea? Thanks.
  7. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    I agree ; and monitors who have a tuner are TNs... Unfortunately, since a TV is unsuitable as a PC monitor and I don't have enough room for two screens, I decided to go the monitor route with a "tuner-in-a-box" (DVB-T/C). Now, I don't know how to choose the right couple of devices: namely...
  8. T

    Deinterlacer, scaler, and judder-free: how important are these?

    Hello, I read, notably on Prad.de and DigitalVersus, that the majority of monitors have difficulties to reproduce TV, DVD and Bluray materials perfectly. Namely, problems such as bad deinterlacing, scaling, interpolation, and lack of judder-free support of some frequencies (24 H, 50 Hz) are...
Back
Top