Recent content by TheRealTutor

  1. T

    1800+ Power Supply for quad Titan Z build

    Depending on what you use the Titan Zs for, in a real world scenario, about 500 watts per card could be required. If you tweak their clocks moderately you'll need about 550 - 600 watts (high over clocking =650 to 700 watts) per card. Then you'll also need power for everything else. To be...
  2. T

    I have some problems with my new Xeon 4P rig, need some help?

    Thanks alias for coming to my aid elsewhere. Has that problem that you described above been completely resolved?
  3. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    Is distributed computing limited to what you guys are referring to as FAH, or does it also include distributed rendering which I use my systems for? What is FAH and how do I get the software. I think that everything that I've posted might be extremely relevant to some who might be looking into...
  4. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    No face palming - (see e.g., http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEL-XEON-E5-4650-QS-8-CORE-2-7-3-5Ghz-LGA-2011-20Mb-Sandy-EX-4-way-4540-4520-/160821815708?pt=CPUs&hash=item2571ba299c ). But I don't doubt that they could turbo above 4.0 because I done that with 2687Ws on the Asus mobo. My cooling system...
  5. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    Thanks Patriot. I recognize that 4.0 is just a max for the CPUs (it's similar to what occurs on my 2687Ws), not what I'd get without someway to clock tweak them (like I have done on my 2687Ws on my Asus mobo). However, when I run CPU z in Win 7 U, although it recognizes only 2 cpus, it shows...
  6. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    What is FAH and how do I get the software? This is some of the output that I got from running, in Terminal, the command: dmidecode --type 4. Thus, it must be C1. Note well max CPU speed. Is there any software to tweak the CPUs' speed or turbo potential up but to less than the max? SMBIOS...
  7. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    Not sure of the answer to your first question, having just recently completed this - the first of my Linux builds. Where do I find the software for TPF number of 8101? My system is devoted to 3d and video rendering.
  8. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    Think long, think wrong. Downside - defect in virtualization. Upside - price and turbo higher [i.e., to 3.5 GHz (see e.g., http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEL-XEON-E5-4650-QS-8-CORE-2-7-3-5Ghz-LGA-2011-20Mb-Sandy-EX-4-way-4540-4520-/160821815708?pt=CPUs&hash=item2571ba299c )] rather than 3.3 GHz [...
  9. T

    Looking into a 4P E5-4650 system, have a number of questions

    Zagen30, No pain, no gain. Thanks for the thread.
  10. T

    ASRock extreme9 mini review

    SRX announced by EVGA. There's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that the SRX is an overclockable motherboard, which is soon to be released. However, the bad news is very bad - ES and retail E5 8-cores have locked multipliers and locked - inaccessible - CPU straps, so until Intel...
  11. T

    ASRock extreme9 mini review

    To realized the full potential of their pre-release purchases, some might be forced to buy a dual CPU board such as an EVGA SRX (and a retail 2687w to drop in the CPU0 socket and drop the discount one in the CPU1 socket for best performance - of course, limited by the less capable chip). I...
  12. T

    Intel Sandy-EP/EX 3.0 8/16 LGA 2011 bench score interest?

    Please ignore my PM. I see that you have the latest bios upgrade (v.1.9) for your ASRock. I truly, truly feel your pain. P.S. Got BCLK 108 working for 24+ hrs. of AIDA64 stress testing.
  13. T

    ASRock extreme9 mini review

    I'm waiting on MSI to bring up to snuff for Xeons the drivers and bios for my X79A-GD45.
  14. T

    ASRock extreme9 mini review

    Please ignore my PM. I see that you have the latest bios upgrade (v.1.9) for your ASRock.
Back
Top