Recent content by thejavabuddha

  1. T

    Connection delema

    Just to update, that is exactly what I did. I tried the cable to no avail. So I ended up buying a SAPPHIRE 100233L Radeon HD 3450 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card for 29.99 on newegg. There were a couple cheaper, but if I wanted to use the...
  2. T

    Build Feedback

    So...did you get it to work? I'm looking at having to do the same thing. I've already ordered the cable, but I don't have high hopes in it working.
  3. T

    Connection delema

    That's what I thought. I ordered the cable and am going to give it a try. if it turns out that my hardward does not do this, is there a software solution for this delema?
  4. T

    Connection delema

    Well, if you put it that way...I completely agree. I got a $5.00 one on ebay. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  5. T

    Connection delema

    Yeah, I've seen these...but will it work? Lots of reviews, some say it works, some say it doesn't. Must be a "it works or it doesn't" situation...depending on your hardware. How can I be sure it will work?
  6. T

    Connection delema

    I recently purchased a GIGABYTE GA-MA78GPM-DS2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard for my new HTPC. I currently only have a SDTV (a Sony Trinitron WEGA, support info here) What I did not take into consideration when making my purchase is connecting the onboard video up to my...
  7. T

    What are you all using for HTPC case?

    Yeah, I have the Antec Aluminum Veris Fusion Black 430 Micro ATX Media Center case too. I actually just got it yesterday! $140.00 on craigslist new in box. It has a more than ample power supply for most needs, excellent layout, build in IR receiver, lcd display and big 120mm fans that have a...
  8. T

    Onboard vs Video Card

    I guess that kind of helps. I suppose it's worth an extra $25.00 to make sure my WoW excursion isn't going to interfere with anything I'm recording. I hate spending more than I have to as I'm on a real tight budget, but I don't suppose 25 more dollars is gonna kill me.
  9. T

    Onboard vs Video Card

    No, I doubt that the recording software would use the IGP. Just wondering if between the both of them there will be any issues in memory amount/bandwith and if so if it would be worth getting the mobo with dedicated video memory.
  10. T

    Onboard vs Video Card

    So you guys don't think that the side port mem makes any difference? The only thing I could think of it being useful for was when I was watching something while the PVR was recording. But if you don't think it's necessary then I would be happy to save some cash!
  11. T

    Onboard vs Video Card

    I have been reading up on the forums and a lot of people recomend the GIGABYTE GA-MA78GPM-DS2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128341 since it has onboard video capable of handling 1080p and 128mb of "side port" (whatever...
  12. T

    TV tuner recomendations welcome

    I can't seem to find anywhere that actually sells this card. The link to newegg is "deactivated" and while a google search for this finds references to the card I can't actually find anywhere that's selling it. Is this card recalled or obsolete or something?
  13. T

    SD TV Tuner Card suggestions

    This card is MCE (at least the ones I saw). Do I NEED XP MCE to use this card or whill plain ol' XP sp2 work? I'd hate to spend more money if not necessary.
  14. T

    SD TV Tuner Card suggestions

    Well, since I have to use the comcast cable box, looks like I'll have to record one channel at a time... Thank you all for your input! Does anyone else have any suggestions?
  15. T

    Time has come for a HTPC/Media server

    Yeah, I did that after I asked my question...google really is amazing. However, you don't have to be an ass. You could say "google it" for every question asked here. If I asked google for every question I had, what would be the point of BBS like this one where people can ask questions of more...
Back
Top