Recent content by @theincredibleaf

  1. @

    Openfiler newbie storage strategy help

    Sorry one last question...for future project...Do you know about Hadoop and HDFS format? Am I right in thinking that I wouldn't use such a solution as you posted with Hadoop and Map Reduce tasks? Thanks for your help.
  2. @

    Openfiler newbie storage strategy help

    This sounds incredible, and this software is free? Does it make any serious impact on performance with all these features...Where can I find performance benchmarks? The storage guy at work said he had bad results when he trialled FreeNAS some time ago but asked me to send him what you...
  3. @

    Openfiler newbie storage strategy help

    So on a storage host running this software that has with 4 x 480 GB SSD drives and FC and Ethernet ports... Can I make a number of partitions over say 4 drives, and then allocate a connection type per partition? Example.... Partition 1 - 300 GB - presented as DAS using direct connect FC to...
  4. @

    Openfiler newbie storage strategy help

    Thanks I will look at that.
  5. @

    Openfiler newbie storage strategy help

    Hi guys, I have a VMware ESXi 5.5 host, 32 GB RAM, 6 core AMD, FC HBA card, with 4 NICs. It's running vCenter, a few Windows Server 2012 VMs and some Ubuntu server VMs. It uses a NAS device for datastore, with NFS access protocol, and both devices connect using a gigabit L2 switch...
Back
Top