• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by TheFang1940

  1. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    I am going to upgrade my video card in about a month. Just finished a complete remodeling of house and need to recover from the shock of all those $$$...What video card do you suggest. I am not into gaming a lot but do play from time to time. However, I do a lot of DVD editing and movie...
  2. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    Does this MB support the E8400 processor with 45nm? I have been thinking about upgrading from the E6700 or to the Q6600. I am open to suggestions but from what I have read the E8400 is really fast and easy to OC. Thanks for all the assistance...:D
  3. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :)Thanks for the quick response. I was pretty sure that was the case but better to be sure than to be sorry. Any suggests about my sig that might improve my speed or performance?:D
  4. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    I notice the following message when booting. Not sure if it has been there before. I need to know if this is because I am OCing this rig...Here is the message. "A 267 Mhz system bus processor is installed. This processor is not supported on this system board, and will run at a reduced...
  5. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :D I have used the MSI live update in the DOS mode and the Windows mode. The DOS mode is the safe way to go. If you elect to use live update you are given a choice to use either Windows or DOS. Hope this is helpful. :D
  6. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :p Thanks for the information. I have my E6600 FSB set @ 1280 Mhz (or 3.2 with the 10 multiplier ) and memory at 800 Mhz with 1.85 Volts. That seems to be working well. Not sure if I want to push the processor higher. This is a great site and everyone is so helpful. Thanks again...:D
  7. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :p I am very new to OCiing memory and have been reading a lot of real good information here. I would like to know how my memory settings compare with others using the same memory and would like to know if I should change some of my setting for better performance but remain stable. Here are my...
  8. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :p I have been away for a while and just did a BIOS update and reset everything to OC my E6700 processor to 3.2. However, I did loose my memory settings and would like to have some assistance to get the most out of my memory but remain stable. Everything for memory is currently set at auto. I...
  9. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    I currently have my system running at FSB 1280 (3.2), memory set 800Mhz with 3-3-3-9 2T timming. If I go up to FSB 1320 and bump my CPU Voltage one time 0.3875 and run TAT my temp go up to the high 70s and low 80s. Question! Is that normal...? Question! I had my memory timming set at...
  10. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :p I am running Patriot Memory in my rig and according to the BIOS setting mine are at 1.9V and can go up to 2.2V Max. The timing is the same 4-4-4-12 2T. What BIOS version are you currently running? I had to update mine to the Beta version 1.34 and I have been running smooth as silk. Still...
  11. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :) I gathered that but without you being the facilitator nothing would have been accomplished on the outstanding MSI motherboard. I have learned a lot even at my age and hope continue to learn more in future. That E6700 processor is something else. It is a beast and runs two times faster than...
  12. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :) Just a few quick comments about where I am with my rig. I have the FSB at 1280 (3.2) with no changes other than setting the memory timing according to Bio-Hazard's instructions (4-4-4-12 2T) I did not have to up the Vcore setting and ran Othros for over 12 hours without any problems. I am...
  13. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :) Thank Bio-Hazard for the good information. I set tje FSB tp 1200 and made the changes you suggested to the memory. At this point I did not up the vCore but booted and everything went very well. I have been running Othros for an hour without failure. I will continue to up my FSB and keep...
  14. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    No one answered so I went out on my own and enabled and disabled everything for OCing. I set my FSB to 1280 which I assume is 320 X 4 which is 3.2 GHz. My tem are in the low 31 to 32 range for core 1 and 2. However, when I run Othos it fails almost immediately. I did not make any other...
  15. T

    MSI P6N SLI-FI / Platinum (650i) Thread

    :) I just finished putting my new rig together today but did not install the SB card and Audigy or the NB cooler. I used one of my program SI Sandra to run a BURN-IN Test for about six hours and at that point I still did not have any errors. I am a real newbie when it comes to OCing so I have a...
Back
Top