A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Thanks for the heads up on the step-up program! I didn't realize it was just 14 days. Went ahead and registered just now.
Yeah, I'm still considering the 5820K. I think it's just really bad timing for CPU purchases.
Actually a really bad time in general for my PC build, but you know...
I was thinking more along the lines of Skylake K. I can't afford E for Haswell, so I know I won't be able to afford it for Skylake. Skylake K might be late 2015 or early 2016, so it wouldn't be very far off. I guess it really depends on what the savings are going to be for 3790k vs 5820k...
Both cards are now in hand!
Now I just need to decide whether I should go with a budget build 4790k ddr3, or go with something more costly like 5820k with DDR4 mem. Skylake should be just around the corner, so I'd hate to drop a lot of cash on parts that would soon be replaced...
Oh, gotcha. Pricey!
My card is actually at the post office waiting for me to pick it up. Had some health problems, spent the day it was to be delivered in the ER, so missed it. :(
Going to try to pick it up tomorrow if I can manage it.
Thanks for making me feel better about my choice man. I see those numbers on the MSI poll going up, started to second guess my decision. I always have buyers remorse, regardless of what I buy.
I'm pretty sure you can have it cross-shipped, but you have to put a down payment on the one they send you. If they don't get your old card, you pay full retail.
I've always gone EVGA too, so I don't have experience with the others. They always seem to have decent reviews, but this time around the reviews aren't very revealing. Hearing so many contradictions I don't know what to believe.
This is the one with the reference blower cooler, right...
Hi everyone, I haven't logged in in such a long time I'm glad my account still exists (last time I posted was in 2008 :D)
I want to pick up two GTX 980's, but I can't decide which brand to go with. MSI, EVGA, and ASUS are all at the same price point, and they seem to all have pros on cons...
thanks, but i'm trying to avoid TN panels. also, I'd rather have a 22 than a 24. but i'm more concerned about quality than anything else.
I really just want to know the difference in quality between the resolutions and sizes. because if a 1680x1050 on a 22" is just as good as 1900x1200 on...
is there a noticeable difference in picture quality / sharpness between a 22" lcd at 1680x1050 and a 24" at 1900x1200??
The 1900x1200 would be "true HD 1080p" I know...but what does that mean for image quality exactly? the 24" monitor would require a higher resolution to maintain a sharp...
it'll be a definite buy when they restock. the thing is, I made up my mind and went ahead and sold my ultrasharp today to offset the price a bit. I'll be using my laptop till I can get one.