• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by The Resident

  1. T

    Nvidia 3d Vision 2 Glasses

    I have the 3D Vision 2, and the comfort level depends on a bunch of factors (glasses size, nose bridge, etc).. and you're going to get a variety of answers. My wife can't stand my 3D Vision 2 glasses over her prescription glasses, but other folks don't seem to mind. Do you have a Micro Center...
  2. T

    NVIDIA Adaptive VSync Technology Review @ [H]

    For what it's worth: I just tested Adaptive V-sync on my GTX 285 with drivers 301.24 on a 120 Hz monitor. EDIT: never mind. It works fine at 120 Hz. :)
  3. T

    NVIDIA Adaptive VSync Technology Review @ [H]

    I care, and you are right, although I suspect it was just the wrong choice of words. I think we all understand the 60 -> 30 -> 20 -> 15 downward spiral. Also, despite what the article says, with Adaptive V-sync enabled, if the game's frame rate drops below the refresh rate, a tear is still...
  4. T

    G2400WD ... quick 2 week review

    Here's the picture of the non-uniformity. I selected a gray that really makes it "pop-out," so be aware that this is a "worst-case" image: A slightly more real-world, albeit low quality, video of it. It's almost impossible to see. It just sometimes catches the eye...
  5. T

    G2400WD ... quick 2 week review

    I also have a G2400WD. I'll add my two-month, two-cent review: I pretty much agree with OP. The colors are fantastic, and input lag is unnoticeable outside of synthetic tests - I measured it at avg 5 ms. It's my first LCD since coming from a CRT, and the hardest adjustment was the...
  6. T

    Indenting in code - Tabs or Spaces?

    Exactly. The problem is that tabs are inconsistent, so if one goes about attempting to format their code with them, anyone trying to view the code must match the original author's tab widths in order for it to look correct. Spaces eliminate that concern. Here's what I'm talking about...
  7. T

    Indenting in code - Tabs or Spaces?

    Soft tabs @ 3 spaces each. It's just too annoying when someone tries pretty'ing up their code with tab characters. Invariably, everyone seems to have a different idea of how wide a tab character should appear, and the code winds up looking good only in the original author's editor and font.
  8. T

    lists in the STL in C++

    Well you basically answered your own question, because what you just typed is probably the simplest way of implementing it. You could extend your own example just a little further and include iterators: ... list<Node>::iterator myListIterator; // Dump the list to standard out...
  9. T

    C++ question- how can I transform a double or float into a char array?

    Another couple of data points just for fun: With the ancient MinGW 3.4.2 and your g++ line: 249,344 bytes w/ stringstream 5,632 bytes w/ win32-specific call with -g instead of -s: 567,991 bytes w/ stringstream 19,458 bytes w/ win32-specific call
  10. T

    Quick question on C types

    As a side note, the C99 standard defines fixed-size integer types via stdint.h. stdint.h typedefs int8_t, uint8_t, and the same for 16, 32, and 64 bits. So should someone need exact-size integers, stdint.h just gives them to the programmer, portable and all wrapped up with a bow on top. :)...
  11. T

    Quick question on C types

    I'm curious why you would want to do this... Perhaps you were thinking of unions? typedef union { float f; int32_t i; } FloatInt32OverlayType; ... FloatInt32OverlayType variable; variable.f = 7.7; n = variable.i;
  12. T

    Wich game release are you looking forward to the most?

    Portal. Simply genius. I don't care that it's short; I'm gonna make a bunch of maps for it.
  13. T

    Got my G9 today. (pictures)

    I also received my G9 on the 12th. my mini-review: I gotta say the scroll wheel is 300% better than the G5's. The middle click is actually a beefy click that you know you clicked. The G9 doesn't skip while scrolling (or scroll WHILE middle-clicking), while my old G5s (both of them) did...
  14. T

    What would be involved in developing an OS?

    I suppose it depends on what you really want. If you're really out to make something innovative, ask yourself this, "what does my desired system need to do?" (NOT "how does my system need do it?") As you answer that question to yourself, capture it in a list. (I take it when you came up...
  15. T

    What games have you regretted buying?

    Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap. I regret buying Star Wars Battlefront. I had a great time playing the BF1942 mod Galactic Conquest and thought that if fans could make that, the official thing had to be absolutely awesome (hu hu yeah i'm smart). The maps were far too small for...
Back
Top